Restaurant Manager – Fine Dining Restaurant - Dorking
Up to £32,000
We are looking for a dedicated Restaurant Manager for a modern fine dining restaurant, serving the very best of British food. The menus constantly evolve to follow and reflect the seasons, creating a dynamic and enjoyable working environment, where food and drink knowledge is developed and broadened.
You will be a committed, passionate and experienced person wanting to join a fantastic restaurant with a very exciting future ahead.
We are looking for someone who will deliver a consistently flawless service for guests ensuring that exceptional standards are maintained at all times. We want you to join the team in providing a service that enhances and, indeed, exceeds guests’ expectations. Your appearance will be impeccable, you will be adaptable and always work in a timely manner. Ideally, you will have rosette experience and want to be part of an exciting restaurant where flavour and discovery form part of the restaurant’s philosophy.
To be responsible for the running of services in the restaurant, ensuring flawless execution for every guest on every occasion.
- to manage staff throughout their shift and providing them with necessary training and feedback
- to ensure that all employees adhere to the company's standards of dress and behaviour
- to warmly meet and greet customers
- liaise with the head chef and reservations team over menu changes and any dietary requests
- maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety in the restaurant
This role requires the very highest standards of attention to detail
- Conduct pre-service briefing, assigning tasks based upon the most effective distribution of resources for the restaurant
- To keep up to date with the reservations book, noting any changes made by others, detailing customer profiles and preferences
- Talk knowledgeably and passionately to guests. Always be polite and courteous, bubbly and enthusiastic but maintaining an appropriate professional distance.
- Trouble-shoot and smooth issues with guests and staff members alike
- To adhere to the allergy procedure
- To be thoroughly familiar with Bookatable and Beyond Stock EPOS.
- To answer e-mails relating to the restaurant
- To oversee the cleaning and maintenance of all FOH areas including outside.
- To liaise with the Head Sommelier to ensure floor staff are up to date with changes and developing their wine knowledge
- To create a programme of development and training for FOH staff
- Provide post service reports including financial information, feedback and any service issues
- To report any comments or complaints
- To organise training and development
- Attend weekly management meetings with a report of the week and ideas for the development of the business
- To ensure that linen is stocked and clean and to be the point of contact with the linen provider
- To work to cut costs and to maximise revenue where possible
- To be aware at all times of any potential safety hazard to staff members and the public in the restaurant areas
- To ensure the security of all cash, cheques and credit card slips at the end of each day
- A package worth up to £32k
- An opportunity to shape and development the FOH team
- Opportunities to taste top wines from the best producers around the world
- Financial support on wine qualifications with CMS and WSET
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Sunday and Monday Off
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO LIVE IN ACCOMMODATION WITH THIS ROLE. CANDIDATE MUST LIVE LOCALLY OR WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE
To Apply - Simply click the ‘APPLY’ button!!!
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.