We are proud to be one of the leading Motorway Service Area operators in the UK with the Best People, Best Brands, Best Service for those on the move. Every year we have 52 million visitors to one of our 30 sites, and provide a great stop for our customers and a rewarding journey for our people.
Position: Unit Manager - Retail
Location: Watford, Northampton, NN6 7UZ
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, Flexible working considered
Salary: £25,000 per annum and many other great benefits.
Benefits: Roadchef Discount Card, Benefits website- over 8000 discounts available, Refer a Friend - cash scheme, Long Service awards, Flexible working hours, 28 days holiday paid pro rata, Development opportunities available, Great personal development opportunities
About the role:
Watford Gap Motorway Service Area on the M1 Junctions 16 & 17 is looking to recruit a Unit Manager to join our growing WHSmith unit.
Are you looking for a fun and flexible role leading a team within a fast paced environment? We are looking to hire a Unit Manager to support the Site Director and manage the WHSmith team to deliver operational excellence. Being a Unit Manager means you have the responsibility for delivering excellent customer service, maintaining operational standards, maximising sales opportunities and driving financial performance. You will receive excellent on-job training, coaching and support to deliver the role to the highest standards. Training will include all aspects of operational delivery, people practises and legislative training to ensure the highest standards of health and food safety are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring your team serve our customers in a timely manner, providing excellent customer service.
- Ensuring all sales and KPI targets are achieved.
- Driving brand and customer service audit performance.
- Supporting the Site Director with their day to day duties.
- Providing effective communication, motivating the team while providing them with regular feedback.
- We would love you to have Unit Manager experience in a high volume retail environment.
- Lead your team from the front and have a passion for recognition.
- Be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and have a high drive for results.
- Developing an internal pipeline of talent.
- Strong communication skills.
- Enjoy working under pressure in an ever changing environment.
- Confidence in dealing with customers / employee queries.
You may have experience of the following: Unit Manager, Retail Manager, FMCG, Supervisor, Retail Management, Business Development, Deputy Retail Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, etc.
£25000 per annum
16 days ago