Risk Actuary - (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time) Location: Flexible (although must be happy to commute to Swindon when required. Remote working at present) The opportunity
As a Risk Actuary, within the Life and Pensions FinancialRisk and Insights team, you will support the oversightof financial reporting, reinsurance, investment, proposition development and pricing. Youwill challenge the capital adequacy of the business and provide technical riskopinions to the business, working with the wider Risk team. You willpromote a culture of sound risk awareness to increase risk identification and mitigationand will help to implement processes and ensure alignment with strategicbusiness objectives and risk appetite. This opportunity will give thesuccessful candidate experience to develop technicalskills and a commercial understanding of the market.
The team works in an agile manner, where roles andresponsibilities evolve and are shaped, enabling colleagues to gain new,interesting and varied work.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time.This is because we wantthe best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those peoplearen’t available full-time.
- Support the operation of a robust financial riskframework, with close engagement with the wider Risk team, the first linebusiness and technical functions. Including leading/supporting Standard FormulaAppropriateness, Actuarial Function Report and minimising model risk.
- Support the Chief Risk Officer in providing riskopinions on risk mitigation, reinsurance, investments, productdesign and pricing, risk appetite and capital analyses.
- Develop a deep understanding of the stress andscenario framework and provide technical support to the ORSA process.
- Identifyand mitigate risks to the business and work to improve quality of processes
- Maintain appropriate level of technical expertiseand knowledge of regulations, professional guidance and gain the understandingof the UK business and strategy.
- Supportand mentor junior members of the team.
- Createand maintain strong working relationships within Risk, Finance and across thewider business.
- Your skills and experience
- Qualifiedactuary with 1-3 years post qualification experience (or relevant otherexperience)
- Strongbusiness acumen and knowledge of the life insurance industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills foreffective stakeholder engagement
- Technicalactuarial skills applied to report writing, problem solving and project tasks
- Self-motivatedand driven to deliver to set deadlines
- Motivatedto take responsibility for tasks, managing expectations and stakeholders
- The reward:
As well as a competitive salary we also offeran excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% Non Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company bonuses
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3volunteering days
- Car allowance
- Private medical cover
- Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Plus much more!
At Zurich we will consider requests forflexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in manydifferent ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element ofworking from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interviewabout the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customersin more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measuredby our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in workingin a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises andrewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could bejust the place for you. The success of our business is built on thecontributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day toposition us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look tohire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of astrong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, wemake every effort to address the career development needs and plans of ouremployees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we areproud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We wantyou to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and wewant our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity andinclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcomeregardless of protected characteristics.
With the above inmind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background,beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women,people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who areLGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committedto continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range oftraining and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate aboutsupporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering,charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired.Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.