This a great opportunity for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about making a difference, who will help shape the future of the risk and compliance strategy for the business, in a brand that is firmly part of UK Culture.
We are looking for Risk Manager who is interested in working for a business that does the right thing when it comes to safety, who will continue to build on this reputation and who can influence across all levels. Critically this person will have the ability to turn their high technical knowledge and ability into practical thinking that will continue to help keep our restaurant teams and guests safe.
Key job functions include:
- The business considers effectively auditing a crucial part of operating safe and excellent restaurants and a key part of this role is to manage the relationship with a number of third party auditors delivering programs across safety, halal and brand standard - yes it’s super important we look good too
- Take a strategic look at the safety culture in the business to help drive performance through analysing data across a broad spectrum of measures, including the safety audits and accidents
- Manage our relationship with our primary authority partners for Environmental health and fire safety
- Partnering closely with our franchisees to support and guide through appropriate and timely communications on all restaurant safety matters
- Work closely with other functions across the business including quality assurance, operations, new product development and construction and development
- Be the subject matter expert in food, health and safety and fire safety
- Lead the way in ensuring all our restaurants meet the highest standards set by legislation and statutory guidance and enforced by statutory bodies, including the management of the Food Hygiene Rating System (FHRS) performance programme
What we’d love from you:
- Related Degree (or working towards one) in a safety and or risk-based subject such as Environmental health or risk management is essential
- Having at least 3 experience in a safety risk or compliance role in either the private or public sector is essential.
- Experience in food service sector would be a huge benefit
- Experience in managing complex investigation into safety related incidents and accidents
- Proven track record of managing external stakeholders.
What we can offer you:
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including;
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
- Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year
- After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
- Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
- Competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
- International career opportunities across Yum!
- Pick n Mix Benefits, options include gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
About Kentucky Fried Chicken (Great Britain) Limited:
Welcome to Kentucky Fried Chicken. Our world famous chicken restaurant brand all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who created a finger lickin’ good recipe more than 75 years ago, a list of secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of the door to his kitchen. He started travelling by car to different restaurants and cooked his fried chicken on the spot for restaurant owners. He did this at the age of 65. If the owner liked the chicken, they would enter into a handshake agreement to sell the Colonel’s chicken. Legend has it that Colonel Sanders heard 1009 “No’s” before he heard his first yes. The Colonel’s story still inspires us today. It reminds us how grit, perseverance, dedication and ambition along with hard work can create success; regardless of your age or where you come from.
Our purpose as an employer is to empower our people to find their own secret recipe in life too.
Location: Head Office - Woking, Surrey (Can be flexible on location)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive basic and excellent benefits (including company car).
Closing date for applications: 16th November 2020
You may have experience of the following: Risk Manager, Compliance and Risk Manager, Risk & Compliance Manager, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Senior Compliance Officer, Regulation, Legislation, Risk Analyst, etc.
about 1 month ago