We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity.
What is the purpose of this role.
The purpose of the Risk & Value Manager is to provide specialist support services to the Highways Consulting business unit. A key requirement of the role will be to deliver qualitative and quantitative risk analysis work to a number of projects.
The Risk Manager role will work with the business to foster good working relationships with key influencers within the programme, ensuring that the management of risk and value within the business unit is best in class.
What will this role involve
The responsibilities of the role:
- Promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety
- Accountable for submitting or contributing to and meeting accurate forecasts for cost and turnover achieving forecast margins for allocated contracts.
- Effectively lead and line manage project teams, including training, development and performance management.
- Timely submission of weekly PAPM/CAPM's and period end Balanced Scorecard reports to an agreed format (to include the Amey Essentials KPIs).
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required.
- Establish and manage a clear communication plan for Client and suppliers as appropriate meeting Amey Essential KPIs.
- Ensure that Client and key Stakeholders aspirations are fully understood and incorporated into the delivery plan as appropriate.
- Quantitative Cost & Schedule Risk Analyses
- Risk Identification / review workshops/ risk reporting
- Value Management studies
- Technical briefings & mentoring of project teams in Risk & Value Management
- Mentor and support junior members of the R&VM team.
- Support R&VM processes in other departments and areas of the business.
- Drive the implementation of ER&VM framework across their area, including actively enhancing the R&VM maturity and culture development.
- Displays enthusiasm, passion, and confidence combined with an open communication style. Is comfortable leading presentations and risk & value workshops
- Build working relationships with Project Managers and wider project team, and with peers and colleagues in the WoLA. Willing to foster knowledge sharing, learning and development, collaboration across projects and sectors
- Identify and propose improvements to project or business issues and problems and how to implement them.
- Contribute to the development and update of the Project Risk Management plan
- Deliver project risk management services for the projects to which you are assigned, including:
- Regular risk register reviews, prioritisation of uncertainty and risk for mitigation, recommendation of beneficial responses to risks
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (Schedule and Cost) to: determine the contingency level in line with risk appetite; establish the confidence with which the project will remain within authorised timescales and budgets; enable project risk prioritisation and best course of mitigation; and to enable decision making about the way forward
Who we are looking for.
- Necessary Skills, Attributes and Qualifications. Key to this role is skill and experience in the delivery of project quantitative risk analysis.
- Project Management methodology Qualification
- Good communication skills with an ability to translate complex data into useful information
- Determination and enthusiasm to drive change
- Working openly and collaboratively to optimise stakeholder inputs
- Enquiring and challenging approach which crystallises areas of opportunity
- Track record of delivering change in a corporate and major-complex infrastructure programme environment.
- Knowledge and experience of using enterprise risk management systems such as Active Risk Manager
- Advanced risk modelling skills including the development of project risk models in Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis and @RISK
- Strong experience of facilitation of project risk management processes
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in a numeric discipline
- Knowledge of commercial contracts and payment mechanisms and how they might affect the potential project risk profile
- Managing your activities and work within agreed timescales in a challenging, delivery-focused environment
- Membership to a relevant Professional Body
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- UK Highways Sector experience
- Other project controls disciplines e.g. planning, estimating, etc and/or project management
- Understanding of business case development and highways sector funding arrangements
- Risk Management qualification
- Environmental Awareness, including sustainability
- Commercial, Estimating, Contract and Procurement Training
- Highways access & Programme (P6) Awareness/Appreciation
- Quality Standards Awareness
- CDM (2015) Regulations Training
- Lean construction and general methods/awareness
- Chartership to relevant professional body
- Advanced Project/Programme Management qualifications.