Field Application Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Software Systems Engineer, Field Test Engineer, Test Engineer, Robotics Test Engineer urgently required on a full time permanent basis in Oxford, OX14.
Using your Linux and C++ code skills, our successful Robotics Engineer, Field Application Engineer, Software Systems Engineer, Field Test Engineer, Test Engineer, Robotics Test Engineer will debug the software, identifying issues and developing solutions so as to remove technical obstacles and improve our product's features and performance.
Joining the Systems team at Oxbotica, who are working at the forefront of technology responsible for ensuring the products produced are fit for purpose will use your strong passion for robotics and autonomy and use our individual knowledge to ensure as a team we succeed.
What do I need to do to succeed:
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex systems and an appreciation of how components of these systems interact with each other and with the real world through hardware interfaces
- Debug C++ code OR Python to source problems and develop solutions
- Work as part of a team in the field to test our software methodically and be responsible for ensuring problems are reported/fixed
- Demonstrate through your experience with debugging software and hardware related problems, how you will reach a robust solution under pressure whilst mentoring more junior members of the team
- Learn Oxbotica’s product technology to build an in-depth understanding of our software and hardware
- Interact with both customers and in-house engineers to commission bespoke autonomy systems
- Contribute to the development and commissioning of new Oxbotica autonomy systems
- Offer advice to Software Engineering teams, Business Development Managers, and Clients to resolve technical obstacles and improve the product's features and performance
- Demonstrate your love for problem solving - what projects have you worked on where you have solved complex problems and have been proud of the results
Our Field Application Engineer, Software Systems Engineer, Field Test Engineer, Test Engineer, Robotics Test Engineer will need to demonstrate Essential Skills developed through :
- Experience of using Linux/Unix in a robotics, laboratory or field test environment
- Experience with C++ or Python in industry or in deployment of field systems
- Experience with distributed version control system (eg. Git, Mercurial,SVN)
- Experience of debugging complex systems
- Experience in field operations or working within a satellite structure
- Demonstrating a passion for working with autonomous vehicles in on-road, off-road, warehouse, dockside, and agricultural domains (to name just a few) eg. highlighting your past experience in deploying systems in these domains
Extra kudos for any of the following:
- Experience with computer vision, mobile autonomy or laser data processing
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in an Engineering/Robotics/Computer Science or related subject
- Experience of working with large datasets
- Using Docker and managing Linux services
- Experience with the calibration of robotics systems
- Hands-on experience of building and modifying vehicles, robots or other complex systems
Who you will work with :
We are an interesting bunch. Friendly and passionate about building new technology. We speak over 17 languages and have team members across our 3 sites from all over the world. Our team has a vast array of outside interests, including drones, skate boarding, music and spending quality time with the family. We are keen to hear from anyone that shares our passion and wants to achieve a great diversity within our teams.
We have doubled in size over the last 12 months, now with 130 team members we have an ambitious growth plan. Oxbotica specialises in mobile autonomy and we are the driving force behind many of the UK’s autonomous vehicle initiatives. We spun out from Oxford University’s internationally acclaimed Mobile Robotics Group in 2014 with a mission to commercialise over 130 engineer-years of world leading robotics research. We specialise in mobile autonomy, navigation and perception and our solutions allow robots, vehicles, machinery and people to precisely map, navigate and actively interact with their surroundings. We work with our customers to help them integrate this leading edge technology into their own products. Current projects include us developing and providing our Selenium autonomous control system to various customers from OEMs to the UK Driverless car flagship programmes of LUTZ and the DRIVEN projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Europe’s premier scale up companies and be part of the journey to bring autonomous vehicles to our cities, ports, airports, mines, warehouses, and roads. We are searching for people who can contribute to the company, our culture, robotics science and our customers.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual salary review
- Salary exchange pension scheme (contribution based on qualifying earnings)
- Wellness bonus (an annual payment to be spent on keeping your mind and health in a positive and productive state)
- Company Share Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays; as long as you promise to come back!
- Regular one-on-one sessions
- Bi-monthly “show and tell” sessions
- Quarterly company communications event
- Bean to cup coffee and complementary fruit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yearly funded flu vaccination programme
We also offer:
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
- Part time working
- Remote working
- Extended parental leave
- Unpaid sabbatical
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday - Friday around core hours of 10:00 - 16:00. This is enough for most; but if you require any extra flexibility we will do what we can to support.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more - we need unique people to get there.
Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be.
We celebrate building a culture where difference is valued. We are universal - Universal Autonomy.
Help us solve one of the worlds greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.