Safety Case Managers x4
Warrington, Birchwood Business Park
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a number of experienced Safety Case Managers based at our new site on the Birchwood Business Park, Warrington. You will join a team that has vast experience in Safety Case Management and provide professionally competent specialist services to our many clients.
Cavendish Nuclear are a key player within the Royal Navy's submarine programme where we provide through life engineering across their assets. Within this role, you will be pivotal in the creation of safety cases on both the vessels and surrounding infrastructure safeguarding our onsite personnel.
As well as working on exciting defence programmes you will have the chance to be a part of the civil nuclear team that support many customers across their new build, engineering services and decommissioning programmes.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of nuclear projects. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
You will need to have extensive experience in a safety case related role, ideally in a nuclear environment and have the gravitas to lead, develop and inspire a team of competent consultants. We would also like you to have all or some experience with the below duties;
* Direct and relevant experience of directing and Managing radiological safety assessments and / or INSA / Peer Review
* Demonstrable experience in the Management of the safety case approval processes
* Cross-industry experience, in depth knowledge of a wide range of nuclear facilities and their operations
* Highly experienced in:
o Development of safety case strategies and plans
o Co-ordinating production of safety submissions including all specialist safety input
* Knowledge and experience of Regulatory negotiation, safety management and provision of specialist advice
* Experienced in managing teams to deliver large, technically complex, fit for purpose safety cases
* Provision of leadership in key technical areas and to drive innovation and value added activities
* Experience in the mentoring, training and development of Providing leadership and key input to design projects, ensuring that nuclear safety requirements are incorporated
* Preparing and agreeing the project Strategies
* Managing delivery for the work undertaken within their agreed remit against cost and programme to the satisfaction of the Key Stakeholders i.e. Engineering Managers, Safety Case Owners, Client Team, Safety Committee, INSA/Peer Review, NSC, Regulators
* Acting as the Point of Contact for the Key Stakeholders, ensuring adequate communication between the Engineering Delivery Team, Construction Experts, Operators, Safety Assessors, Site Safety Case Managers and other Stakeholders
* Producing, verifying, and approving technical Scopes of Work, assessing tender returns, then verifying/assessing and/or approving the outputs to ensure that the requirements of the design sub-contract are met
What else do I need to know?
* The role will be based at Warrington.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear brings together much of the UK's rich nuclear heritage to create one of the largest specialist nuclear services organisations, at home and abroad. Our heritage dates back to the earliest days of nuclear research and development.
Cavendish Nuclear is licensed to operate thirteen nuclear sites in the UK, we are strategic partners to EDF Energy on the lifetime extensions of their fleet and work with Hitachi to deliver a new fleet of nuclear power plant. Our expertise in the design and build of waste treatment facilities, together with our experience of waste management and fuel-handling, makes us a key supplier at Sellafield and other NDA sites.
We believe that this is strategically imperative to ensure the long term success of the nuclear sector in the UK and will greatly enhance our ability to export the broader UK nuclear industry capability.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.