About the job
To reach out to all stakeholders, build effective relationships including with all units, and provide a comprehensively assessed DOB HLB SHEP picture. Provide practical recommendations for performance improvement, to support the mission of all BLBs. To provide SHEP guidance and support to all BLBs and colleagues to maximise the health and safety of the entire workforce and to appropriately address any identified SHEF vulnerabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide competent SHEP Advice & support to DOB HLB and her Business Units located in the UK & Overseas liaising as appropriate with JFC CESO
• Co-ordinate DOB HLB SHEP Committee, conducting Internal and External Audits
• Ensuring the implementation of actions or recommendations arising from the SHEP Committee, the DOB SHEP Action Plan, and SHEP and CESO Audits
• Engage with risk practitioners across BLBs and the HLB to develop risk mitigation activities and assurance of these to build business resilience.
• To deliver the DOB HLB Sustainability & Development (S&D) plan to ensure that MoD mandated targets are met, and to promote Global Britain
• To advise CO Northwood HQ on all aspects of Safety, Health, Environmental Protection & Fire Safety
• To co-ordinate SHEF matters with all lodger units & encroachments on the HQ site
• To ensure that the Northwood HQ site SHEF plan remains extant.
• To attend all necessary NEBOSH and IOSH professional development courses, on a regular basis, in order to ensure continual professional development and to remain extant in the requirements of all SHEF related legislation and performance. Such training courses to include but not be limited to; Health and Safety, Environmental Protection, Sustainability, Contract Monitoring, Utilities Management, Radiation Protection, Noise Assessment, Manual Handling Instructional Technique, Auditing, DSE Assessment, Risk Assessment.
• To attend and/or complete as appropriate the MoD provided Civil Service personal development and improvement courses, to include but not be limited to: Equality and Diversity, IT Security, Online DLE/CSL training.
What we are looking for
Candidates will be required to have good communication skills and be able to apply an analytical approach to problem solving. Strong advocates of leadership at all levels, the successful candidates will act as role models in leadership across Joint Force Command, measured by the Civil Service Leadership principles of:
• Inspiring about our work and its future
• Confident in our engagement
• Empowering our teams to deliver
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions