Commercial & Sales
We're looking for someone who has exceptional closing skills to work on our fastest growing product - the Whereby Meetings API.
We're searching everywhere for a new...
Whereabouts: While we have freedom to work from everywhere within CET +/- 5 hours, we are currently building a dedicated sales team located in London.
Interviews: Around 4-6 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 (base salary), £70,000 - £85,000 (OTE)
Reporting to: Caleb Robertson, Director of Sales
“The questions you ask are more important than the things you could ever say.”
- Thomas Freese
Your mission at Whereby*
To support clients which need to integrate video to their product and consequently help us reach our revenue goals in the years to come. You will be focused on managing incoming leads and close new business on the Whereby Meetings API.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk.
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Sales at Whereby
Whereby is a fast-growing scale-up with a global user base of more than 5 million users per month and $7M+ ARR, on the verge becoming a mass-market product. We strongly believe in product led growth and the power of a passionate, hard working team. While Whereby has already seen 300% growth so far in 2020, we need more sales professionals to help us reach our goals. You will become part of a tightly knit team of highly passionate people who aim to create the best possible user experience. We are not afraid of challenging the status quo and aim for radical simplicity in everything we do. Whereby has been ranked by business users as the #1 easiest-to-use video conferencing tool, ahead of competitors like Zoom, Google Meet and Skype.
What we're looking for in our Sales Executive
We're looking for someone who has demonstrated SaaS sales experience and exceptional closing skills. We would expect you to exhibit pride in your work and embody admirable work ethic.
You may be just the right person if others have described you as a Technical Leader who embodies the below competencies...
- Keen learner
- Empathetic and people-centric
Your previous experience
We are prioritising attitude, aptitude, and the kinds of teams you've built in favour of years' experience. With that said, you may be a good fit if you...
- Are a current Account Executive or Sales Executive
- Sales and lead development experience from a Saas Software Company
- Exceptional closing skills
- Experience working with Salesforce, Outreach, Slack, Google Suite, ChartMogul, Stripe, Amplitude or similar tools
- Ability to understand & solve problems for clients
- Are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
The nuts and bolts of the role
How we'll measure your success
- The core of this role is to grow our revenue and so we will measure success by looking at net new business / ARR
- Drive revenue growth for the Meetings API Product and Whereby as a whole
- Build the foundation of the Whereby Sales Team
- Bring forward new initiatives to further refine and improve our sales process
- Contribute to product development by bringing in feedback from our clients and prospects
- Quickly follow up with and close inbound leads who are inquiring about the Whereby Meetings API
- Passing constructive product feedback from prospects and customers to the API product manager and developers
- Create opportunities and manage Proof of Concepts and trials for multiple customers as they develop with the Whereby Meetings API
- Identify prospects, build pipeline, and conduct effective, consultative and discovery meetings with prospects to assess needs and understand their process and existing systems
- Answer or find the answers to your prospect's technical and support inquiries
- Work in close contact with our customer success team to ensure customers reach desired outcomes
- We are still a small team where your contribution and results will have a great impact and visibility
- We expect you to be ambitious and look forward to follow you into more senior roles as you grow and new opportunities arise within the company