Gatwick, GB, RH6 0PA
Pets are our passion, safety is our promise and progress is our pledge. We work smarter, not harder. As a result, we’re widely known as a ‘Best Place to Work’. We make some of the world's most popular and trusted food brands and are committed to advancing the science, health and food products for pets.
Nestlé Purina UK&I
Sales Finance Executive
Salary £23,600 pro rata+ Potential Bonus + Fantastic Benefits
6 month fixed term contract
Here at Nestlé Purina, one of the world’s leading pet care companies, we have a fantastic opportunity for a focused individual to join the Finance team as a Sales Finance Executive to own and manage the Claims & Deductions End-To-End including accruals & EPoS. Working in collaboration with the Sales Planning Executives & Business Managers and Commercial Finance, you’ll be accountable to ensure that all claims and deductions are managed effectively and efficiently to hit KPIs with no risk to the P&L, pricing issues are resolved and root causes are identified and addressed and to provide clear action on all trade accruals to ensure a smooth book close each month.
A day in the life of...
You will provide timely and accurate financial information to the Purina sales teams, the key responsibilities will include:
- Tracking EPoS (or sales in data) to ensure effective review & management of promotional deductions/claims, effective management of trade accruals and the input into the Post-Evaluation Tools.
- All trade accruals are accurately maintained on a monthly basis to ensure our accounts are accurate every month. This includes promotional reconciliation and EPOS tracking.
- Responsible for accurate & compliant settlement of customer invoices and identifying root cause of an invalid deduction and/or price claims to drive right first time
- Provide inputs and reporting within the MBP cycle to ensure accurate forecast of the number by customer.
- Attendance at the Book Close meetings to ensure all accruals, risks and opportunities are discussed and understood.
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate you will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, who has the initiative to provide insight into the overall customer number, to pro-actively identify any issues or risks and work collaboratively with Sales and Commercial Finance. Good communication skills are important to enable financial information to be understood across the team. A strong team player is essential as well as;
- Strong numerical and planning competencies with a good attention to detail
- Having excellent systems knowledge including advanced Excel functionality (look-ups & pivot tables) and ideally possessing SAP experience
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth
The closing date for applications is 20th January 2021.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Nestlé is 308,000 employees strong and are driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.
Ready to take the next step?