Aviva is a Multinational insurance organisation, we boast our presence in 16 countries, provides our service to 33 million online users and we are also a UK digital leader. Due to successful developments we are currently seeking a talented Scrum Masters to join our Agile Transformation & Services Team.
Aviva UK Insurance is the UK's leading True Customer Composite satisfying all our customer insurance needs across General Insurance (Personal & Commercial), Life, Health, Pensions business and Asset Management. Our overarching purpose is to free people from the fear of uncertainty and we have a clear strategy to deliver our investment thesis of cash flow plus growth by always putting our customers first.
You should be an experienced Scrum Master who:
· Has a passion for Agile ways of working
· Demonstrates a servant leader approach to the team, a facilitator of scrum events and introduces tools and techniques to support the team in a progressive fun environment
· Has the ability to remove impediments from the development team’s progress whilst supporting the continuous improvement of the team to maximise value
· Builds strong relationships in and out of the team and uses the appropriate communication style for the specific audience
· Works collaboratively with others and increases the effectiveness of the application of Agile in Aviva
You’ll be responsible for:
· Act as Scrum Master for Scrum teams, with a focus on continuously improving the team/s they support
· The potential to coach, mentor and line manage a team of Scrum Masters
· Organize and facilitate planning, story development sessions, backlog review sessions, estimation sessions, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives
· Use your passion, knowledge and experience of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) to help motivate and steer the team in the direction of success
· Identify, track and manage impediments whilst protecting the team from external pressures.
· Provide internal and external communications that are clear, transparent, improving transparency, and radiating information
· Improve the productivity of the teams within Agile values and principles
· Empower the teams to self-organize
· Contribute to the overall education of Agile practices both within the team and wider stakeholders
· Be involved in Agile communities of practice and mentoring of other Scrum Masters
· Have a thorough understanding of Scrum
· Have the ability to facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
· Garner respect and trust from the team, by being an active member as well as creating a collaborative, self-organising team environment
· Demonstrate strong customer/stakeholder expectation management
· Have experience in workshop facilitation
· Proven Scrum Master experience
· Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work with diverse personality types and be able to demonstrate high emotional intelligence
· Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
· Proven ability to approach problems in a structured and analytical manner with a high attention to detail
· Excellent team player and team builder
What will you get for this role?
· Salary - Competitive
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy in the Resourcing team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0121 234 7612.