Security and Compliance Officer
As our “go-to” expert for information security and governance you will make a difference as our Security and Compliance Officer by applying your technical skills and knowledge to enhance our defences against threat actors seeking to exploit our data or systems for criminal purposes. You will do this by being up to date with the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies to anticipate security breaches across our Council.
What will you be doing?
- As part of a recent restructure and forming the Information, Technology & Digital (ITD) division, we have brought together the Business Systems Administration team, Application & Database (Apps/DB) team and the Networking & Communications and Virtualisation & Storage team into a single Technical Delivery & Operations (TDO) team to maximise efficiencies and synergies.
- As the Security and Compliance Officer you will provide advice and expertise on cyber and other queries, enforcing all compliance with department and Council policies, regulations and codes of practice
- You will work closely with the Information Governance and Compliance officer for policy related actions and Technical Teams in progressing security projects and business as usual tasks.
- You will ensure full consideration is given to electronic and non-electronic forms of data
- You will assist with the implementation of system security which involves working with specialist and architects.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and amending the ICT risk register and analysing all security related incidents and maintain records to assess trends and updates on latest intelligence threats.
What we need from you
- You will possess good experience in information communication technology security and data protection space.
- You will need a degree in a Computer Science or a related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- You will require significant and demonstrable experience in Information Security, Governance and Data Protection, Non-electronic data asset management and record retention, Managing Risk.
- You will require good practical and technical experience in Firmware and operating system security, Web, application and database technology security, on-electronic data asset management and record retention, Programming languages
- You will have a strong record of delivery using communication, networking and influencing skills and experience of managing supplier relationships
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives, and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance. We trust our team to work in the way which allows them to make the biggest difference and we continue to invest in technology to help staff do their jobs to the best of their ability and celebrate innovation.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
We’re providing essential services across our internal network to ensure we can fully support our community.
We’re positive and forward thinking, always looking for new and innovative ways of working work and we’re ambitious about the future.
We've achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
Location: Yate, South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £33,782 to £36,922 p/a
You may have experience of the following: Security and Compliance Officer, Compliance Officer, Information and Security Compliance Officer, Compliance and Quality Officer, Information Security Officer, IT Security Officer, Data Security Officer, Information Security Analyst, IT Analyst, etc.
Security and Compliance Officer