About the job
Enterprise Design Authority Technology is based within Digital Data & Technology (DDaT).
We work across the agency to build a mechanism for achieving the alignment of enterprise and solution, technology architectures to the NCA’s strategic direction.
Responsibilities• Provide specialist security architectural design advice and guidance to the Chief Architect, other members of the architecture team, and the wider NCA; acting as subject matter expert in enterprise security architecture.
• Working with the Manager (Security Architect) and wider business, assist in the delivery of the strategic direction for technical security architecture, including the development and implementation of frameworks that will assist in maintaining an acceptable level of technical risk to NCA.
• Undertake technical security design and/or assurance of NCA’s IT including determining security requirements; completion of security audits; studying architecture patterns; completion of vulnerability assessments and protective monitoring analysis to ensure that security controls are implemented in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and standards.
• Participate in design governance and gate reviews making sure that project-embedded architects successfully prepare and complete design gates. Be an ambassador for the EDA in working with projects to embed the architectural design gates within the governance process ensuring reference information is published, maintained and readily available. Develop and assist in the review of ICT architecture and data designs, to ensure compliance with enterprise wide data standards, practices, and design patterns.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Able to design secure system architectures through the application of patterns and principles, to meet user needs whilst managing risks.
- Capable of making and guiding effective decisions on risk, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. Able to make decisions proportionate to the level of technical complexity and risk.
- Knowledge of system architectures, including your ability to understand and articulate the impact of vulnerabilities on existing and future designs and systems, and how easy or difficult it will be to exploit these vulnerabilities.
- Familiarity with the security enabling services available through public Cloud hosting providers.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).