Security Architect | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Security Architect within our Head Office in Dunstable. Can you design security architectures at scale? Harness the full potential of bleeding-edge technologies, while finding new and better ways of keeping our customer and colleague data secure? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread are the owners of Premier Inn, and some of the UK’s most loved restaurants. With a website that handles nearly £2billion worth of transactions per year and a business that employees around 30,000 people, this role will offer you a genuine challenge to keep our customer and colleague data secure.
About the role:
The Security Architect is responsible for the overall security architecture across Whitbread, covering Head Office, Digital and Outlets, our internal IT systems as well as our customer systems.
The role is responsible for maintaining a view of the current security estate, developing and communicating our current and future security architectures including areas for improvement and working closely with Information Security, the wider Whitbread business, as well as both the Infrastructure and Architecture teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the overall security architecture across Whitbread, covering the UK, Germany and Eire
- Deliver an ongoing Portfolio Analysis of the Security architecture across our estate
- Coordination and support of solution designs to ensure coherent development of the overall security framework
- Actively research, evaluate and drive security technologies and solutions to solve Whitbread’s needs
- Peer review of solution designs and business requirements
- Scoping, design and delivery of security solutions to support improvements across our outlets
- Developing principles and policies
What we’d like you to have:
- Knowledge and experience in cloud security, cryptography, data loss prevention, device security, identity and access management and networking technologies such as IDS/IPS, remote access, firewalls, Wi-Fi
- Knowledge and experience of Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Experience of security hardening techniques across the various infrastructure platforms
- Experience of operating under information security frameworks such as ISO27001, PCI DSS, SOX
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for technology covering security and the ISF model.