A leading integrated financial services firm, incorporating Accounts, Wealth and Legal teams based in Exeter, with offices in London and Cornwall has a requirement for a Senior Accountant to join their team in a role and firm offering the combination of career progression, in a highly regarded accounts and tax compliance team, alongside work life balance.
The firm is undergoing continued positive growth and provides genuine opportunities for career advancement and progression.
This Senior Accountant job is suitable for an ACCA/ACA qualified accountant with recent experience of working in a highly developed accountancy practice, based in Liskeard, Cornwall. It presents an ideal opportunity to join a well-established practice with excellent future career prospects. Clients include a range of industries and business entities of all size.
The Practice has shaped its services to meet the changing needs of the client portfolio and offer specialist business services including core compliance, Wealth Management and Business Planning.
The main responsibilities for this Senior Accountant job include:
- Managing a portfolio of sole trade, partnership, limited company and personal tax clients
- Identifying and managing planning opportunities and general business support for clients
- Staff supervision and training
- Liaising with clients, both face to face and over the phone
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence and enquiries
- Working closely with the partners to develop the growth strategy for the practice
- Advising clients on cloud accounting options available to assist their business growth
- Managing workflow and ensuring that all HMRC and Companies House filing deadlines are met
- Completion and submission of CT600s & CT61s
- Preparation of year end forms P11D
The perfect Senior Accountant will be ACCA/ACA qualified with a minimum of three years’ experience of working within a busy public practice accountancy firm. They must have broad experience of the cloud accounting sector. Besides the salary on offer, the practice has an excellent reputation for developing and mentoring their employees.