Gatwick, GB, RH6 0PA
Senior Brand Manager – Baby Food (12 month FTC)
Gatwick, head office
Competitive salary (up to £55,000 depending on experience) plus potential bonus + car allowance + fantastic benefits
This is a full time temporary opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Senior Brand Manager to join our Nestlé Nutrition team based at our Gatwick head office. The scope of this role involves developing Nestlé Nutrition as the key player within the Infant Nutrition category in UK by developing and implementing exciting new brand concepts and evolving our presence across the category through best in class marketing plans. This role will report directly into Head of Marketing and will lead our baby food, Little Steps & Cerelac portfolio.
A little bit about us
At Nestlé Nutrition, we like our customers to think of us as the ‘go-to people’ for cutting edge infant nutrition science, sound practical advice, best-in-class information and gentle reassurance on nutrition decisions during a baby’s early childhood. Infant nutrition was the starting point of Nestlé and has been a cornerstone of our activity since inception in 1867. In line with our belief that breast feeding is the best start a baby can have in life, we are committed to ensuring that the way that we market infant formulae does not undermine breastfeeding and enables the mother who cannot breastfeed, or chooses not to, to make an informed and educated choice regarding breastfeeding and the suitability of using breast-milk substitutes.
A day in the life of...
You will be responsible for developing and leading the 3 year Market Business Strategy for Nestle Nutrition Baby Food Portfolio including Little Steps & Cerelac brands. Creating and implementing best in class marketing plans across the full marketing mix to create a great brand experience across all touchpoints. You will do this through driving the Cerelac brand’s competitiveness and market share, managing key brands within the portfolio to deliver on the MBS. You will also be responsible for the launch of Little Steps Accessible Nutrition Baby Food offering into the UK market and building the future innovation pipeline. You will work closely with the global & zone teams to develop, execute and communicate new product concepts ensuring all outputs are tailored where needed for the UK market to achieve our ambitions.
You will also:
- Lead the strategic development of the annual brand plan for baby food including objectives, brand management process, phasing and overall marketing activities. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure buy in is achieved.
- Manage the existing portfolio including monthly brand health evaluations (consumer measures/drivers), contribute to the monthly business process (MBP) and PFME pre and post evaluations.
- Be responsible for setting the integrated communications plan for Cerelac and NPD for baby food, working across a set of stakeholders including: key media and communications agencies and medical team for PAC approvals.
- Develop and execute clear integrated strategies that span the various channels and ensure consistency of messaging and brand communications. Working closely with the Sales and Medical teams to develop winning commercial propositions and communications.
- Turn data into insight ensuring informed strategic decisions for the brand are made via analysing market share, consumer measures, consumer research, Baby Club, and other insight sources.
- Develop a deep understanding of the UK Infant Nutrition environment including media, trade, competition and consumer behaviour to identify marketing issues and opportunities.
What will make you successful
To be successful in this role you will already have some fantastic marketing experience under your belt ideally operating as a Senior Brand Manager currently or looking to develop from a Brand Manager position. You will be passionate, tenacious; results focused and enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. Acting as an ambassador for the Infant Nutrition brand, you will have proven leadership capability and excellent project management skills coupled with your ability to influence across all levels. It has a given that you will know the importance of being able to flex your style whilst working in an environment that can be, at times, ambiguous and pressured. You will also:
- Be university degree educated, ideally with a Marketing speciality.
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record of successfully launching a new brand in a complex mature market.
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills, targeting a wide audience from customers to internal stakeholders.
- Have experience of creating and managing through the line brand campaigns and have strong digital experience.
- Be able to run sizable innovation projects and work streams from concept to delivery.
- Have prior knowledge of running multi-pronged communications programmes.
- Have great commercial experience whilst demonstrating an ability to manage complex P&L and overall budgets.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing whilst having the ability to build great relationships.
- Be able to demonstrate superb analytical skills and a strategic mind-set.
- Be well organised with sound knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ideally, have exposure of working at a top global FMCG company, within the infant nutrition category.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 20th January 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?