York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
Senior Brand Manager – opportunities in Kitkat, Aero & Sugar (12 month FTC)
Competitive Salary (up to £45,000 depending on experience) plus potential bonus + car allowance + fantastic benefits
This is a full time temporary opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
The Nestlé Confectionery Team have 3 fantastic openings for Senior Brand Managers to join their team on a temporary basis. Working on either Kitkat, Aero & Sugar you will be responsible for defining brand strategy and building long-term plans to achieve ambitions aligned with the wider company vision. Key to the role will be the ability to energise and engage key internal and external stakeholders; including Senior Leadership, direct reports, the Driver Market(s) and agency partners. The ability to influence and direct resources in a multi stakeholder matrix will be key to delivering the best possible UK results.
A little bit about us
Here at Nestlé Confectionery, we strive to put the consumer at the heart of everything we do and deliver the best-tasting and most permissible treats for consumers day after day. This really is an exciting time to join the team as we gear up for growth by exploring the premiumisation of some of key brands whilst identifying opportunities to be the fastest growing Confectionery manufacturer in the UK&I.
A day in the life of...
As a Senior Brand Manager in the Nestlé Confectionery Team you will have overall responsibility for the successful running of the brand in the local market including ATL, BTL & digital activities. You will define and manage the long-term local brand ambition, objectives and strategies as well as manage the yearly brand planning process and scoping of the 3-year innovation pipeline, ensuring all plans are supported by the necessary data and are fully aligned to wider European plans. You will also be responsible for leading the presentation/sell-in of the plans to internal (Leadership and Commercial Teams) and external stakeholders (Retailers). You will also:
- Have an excellent understanding of brands' P&L and the role the brands plays in the finances of the wider organisation (both local market and zone). Managing margin and protecting the margin created is a key skill in our new reality.
- Closely monitor industry and competitor activity, as well as brand performance, to ensure plans are maintained and adapted to a constantly changing, competitive FMCG environment.
- Deliver best in class NPD launch plans across the brands' portfolios; ensuring maximum launch impact and continued post-launch support and evaluation in order to ensure delivery of key KPI’s/targets.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of UK Confectionery market environment including media, trade, competition and consumer behaviour to identify marketing issues and opportunities.
- Coach and develop more junior members of the brand team e.g. BM / ABM; ensuring workload and responsibilities are divided appropriately
What will make you successful
The successful candidate will bring with them a wealth of experience in Marketing operating as a Senior Brand Manager currently or looking to develop from a Brand Manager position. They will have had experience in managing complex cross functional teams and in influencing at senior levels. Experience of leading major new product launches is key, as is experience in developing multi-pronged communication programmes. They will also:
- Have exceptional presentation & influencing skills
- Be a true self-starter with the ability to run sizable projects and workstreams with limited hands-on line manager support
- Have a strong overall level of commercial knowledge: P&L, routes to market, developing commercial propositions
- Have a deep knowledge of the Confectionery & Sweet Snacking landscape
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 24th February 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.
Ready to take the next step?