Senior Brand Manager - Maggi
Gatwick, GB, RH6 0PA
We are recruiting for a Senior Brand Manager to join our Food & Dairy business based at our Head Office in Gatwick. This role reports into the Marketing Manager and will see you lead our Flavour World Business for MAGGI, which includes, Recipe Mixes (So Juicy and So Tender) Cooking Aids and Cold Sauces across our mainstream and World Foods portfolio. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in planning, developing and executing exciting marketing plans to continue the profitable growth of MAGGI in the UK.
This role is a permanent full-time opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
A little bit about us
Our ambition for our Food division is to accelerate the Nestle journey of transformation through a healthier, sustainable by design portfolio, that connects consumer and customer needs digitally first. Within the UK our role has always been to drive profitable growth and within our core categories of Flavour World and Noodles, addressing key trends such as NHW, relevance through eBusiness and authentic Foods with MAGGI. MAGGI is the largest food brand in the world, and our purpose to “Help people cook the fresh food they love and believe in, everyday”.
A day in the life of a Senior Brand Manager
You’ll be working on our exciting MAGGI portfolio to lead the annual integrated commercial planning process with support from the Marketing Manager. You will also lead the creative process for any Shopper or Digital activation plus input into our market business strategy planning. This role provides lots of opportunity to grow and develop your marketing experience and leadership skills as you will have regular access to the Food & Dairy Leadership team in a flat structure. You’ll also build collaborative relationships and influence peers in other markets, stakeholders across EMENA and our Strategic Business Unit based in Switzerland. Leading brand building projects, NPD, and promotional activities whilst monitoring brand performance and marketing budget management is key part of this role.
- Lead, develop and implement “best in class” launches for NPD and promotional activities, across multiple categories
- Lead the development and implementation of specific parts of our communication plan ensuring it’s in line with our overall strategy.
- Play a key role in working cross-functionally with a whole host of stakeholders internally and externally to Nestlé ensuring the successful implementation of our brand plans.
- Working daily with cross-functional teams to make your plans come to life with lots of autonomy and support to really thrive.
- Collaborate closely with your Category and Sales colleagues on customer facing initiatives such as sells and category strategies.
- Identify customer specific activation plans to ensure we maintain our share in market.
- Monitor, analyse and report on brand / category performance.
- Support the Shopper Activation Manager with building and implementing the activation plans and budget for MAGGI.
- Act as a coach for the ABM to support their development.
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will be the champion for the brand throughout the organisation so you will need to be a strategic thinker, passionate, tenacious, results focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. It goes without saying you’ll love food and have great project management and analytical skills coupled with your highly organised, conscientious approach. You will also need to be comfortable working with ambiguity across multiple and complex categories with the ability to balance long term strategic planning with the need to focus on short term operational opportunities. You'll also:
- Have proven marketing experience within a similar role.
- Be able to showcase excellent marketing communication and project management skills.
- Demonstrate flair for ambitious thinking, product launches on tight budgets, and for problem solving
- Be comfortable to challenge the status quo and influence people at all levels of the organisation, building great relationships with stakeholders.
- Be analytical in your approach to marketing making sure insight is at the heart of every you do.
- Have an open, can do, attitude who thrives on driving a business forward.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, car allowance, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date is Friday 11th September, 2020.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!