Senior Business Performance Manager
Whitbread Court, Dunstable, Bedfordshire – LU5 5XE
£Competitive DOE plus excellent benefits including 30% bonus, healthcare and pension
This is a fantastic leadership opportunity to be part of a growing team that is critical to the successful commercial performance of Premier Inn.
The Senior Business Performance manager will lead cross-functional projects and analyses to determine drivers of commercial performance - unearthing strategic and tactical opportunities. There is a real breadth of territory in this role – covering pricing algorithms, digital marketing, ecommerce and all ancillary sales. This will be a key position in setting the culture and pace of this new team and requires experience and significant enthusiasm.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide, and for the last 10 years running have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle East (with a committed pipeline of over 20,000 more). We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we’re always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do and there has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Pricing: help develop the pricing algorithms driving c.£1.5bn in sales each year. Understand and improve complex mathematical modelling to match demand to supply. Requires comfort with complex analytics & data science
- Marketing: help optimise digital marketing: improve attribution modelling and solve to a hotel site-night level. Align marketing and pricing levers to maximise revenue and optimise cost.
- B2B & Managed Sales: build out new analytics and reporting suites to drive B2B growth, and help the relevant teams make the best decisions. Build and optimise corporate discounting models to grow market share
- Leadership: grow and develop a team of 5 senior analysts – building an analytical centre of excellence within the organisation
- Proactively seek new opportunities – strategic and tactical – to build our trading performance.
- Work cross-functionally in a matrix organisation – providing both trusted partnership and constructive challenge to a diverse range of senior stakeholders
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Bachelor degree level in a STEM subject, i.e., Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a significant portfolio showcasing relevant development experience
- Proven experience leading a data science or strategy team would be ideal
- Proven Track record of delivering projects that catalyse business change
- Advanced knowledge of a key analytics language preferred, i.e., Python, R
- An in-depth understanding of statistical and sampling methods and reviews with ideally 5 years + experience applying these skills in a leading business
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme and Individual BUPA healthcare
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development combined with a genuine flexible working policy
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus and up to 25% discount off our brands