Welwyn Garden City, GB, AL7 1RR
Nestlé UK & Ireland- Cereal Partners
Senior Category Insights Manager
Welwyn Garden City
Competitive salary (up to £55,000 depending on experience) plus potential bonus + 17% car allowance + fantastic benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Category Insight Manager to join our team in Welwyn & be focused on driving relationships with 1 specific Account. Reporting directly into the Marketing Controller for Customer Activation this is a brand new role within our structure, with the purpose being to champion category and shopper insights within Cereal Partners and one of our leading accounts; driving what’s best for the category and ultimately delivering growth for both. Providing whole category analysis, recommendations and strategic advice based on solid category and shopper insight internally and externally. We want to be "Trusted for putting the Shopper first"
A little bit about us
Cereal Partners UK is a powerful alliance between Nestlé and General Mills, producing some of the biggest names in breakfast cereals. As a bright, forward thinking company, it’s always striving for new ways to develop and market better products, helping to enhance the lifestyles of consumers and stay on top in the highly competitive cereal aisle. We also like to think that we have the power of the big but spirit of the small. Being a joint venture of the two largest Food Manufacturers in the world means you will have access to a wealth of resources but at the same time, we have the benefit of a small company culture, so your actions have a big impact.
A day in the life of...
- Develop long term sustainable category partnerships with key retailer contacts.
- Design and execute an annual insight plan, demonstrating category thought leadership, expertise in knowing and understanding the shopper, and highlighting short-term & long-term growth opportunities
- Set up and maintain regular meetings with the buyer and category contacts, to build strong relationships & progress the category plan.
- Proactively manage customer range reviews, merchandising changes, store trials and ad-hoc projects providing fact-based recommendations and solutions, ensuring all key customer deadlines are met
- Champion our Category & Shopper Vision as a framework for long-term growth, tailoring where possible to increase customer relevance & understanding.
- Work alongside the Shopper Activation Team to provide actionable recommendations, activation or trial for Tesco.
- Produce advanced data analysis from multiple data sources to provide relevant reports, category updates and trend updates
- Manage the data partner relationship (either Dunnhumby or Aimia) – be the database expert & collaborate with the team to drive project work.
- Participate in shopper research projects as and when required
What will make you successful
The successful candidate will bring with them a wealth of extensive experience in Category & Shopper Insights within FMCG. The will have excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret data and translate this into insights and actionable recommendations. They will also have:
- Customer facing experience & solid relationship management skills
- Presentation skills
- Experience of influencing by presenting with expertise on the category
- An aptitude for IT skills and previous experience in space planning systems would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of Powerpoint, Excel, Kantar, EPOS – IRI/Nielsen and retailer databases such as Dunnhumby & Aimia
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is Friday 22nd January 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?