We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work, and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey Consulting's Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
As a multi-disciplined consultant, we have a diverse portfolio of confirmed works and are currently working on several high-profile schemes in Wales including the £1.9billion, 25 years, Wales & Borders rail network, and South Wales Metro projects.
Mumbles Coastal Protection Scheme in Swansea, WelTag Assessments, and Active Travel Schemes. We make our towns and cities better places to live by improving connectivity, journey times, and quality of life.
Due to an increased workload, we are looking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Highways design team, providing effective support and assistance to the senior engineers and team leaders on a variety of highways schemes.
As a Senior Civil Engineer at Amey Consulting, you'll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You'll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You'll have the opportunity to thrive and we'll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills, or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
- Develop designs in accordance with the client's requirements and relevant design standards
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplined project teams
- Prepare and check the feasibility studies, appraisal, and assessment reports
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications, and other technical documents
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring, and reporting of project resources
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the client and other relevant stakeholders
We want to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
- Have Chartered or Incorporated status held with an appropriate professional body
- You are an accredited trainer with a relevant professional institution, e.g. Delegated Engineer for the Institution of Civil Engineers
- You can demonstrate developed experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in a Civil Engineer role or equivalent
- You can demonstrate an ability to produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements
- You are experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety, and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- You are experienced in the application of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
- You know technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, and childcare vouchers
We strongly encourage the development towards a professional qualification with a recognised Institution and pride ourselves on mentoring engineers. We can offer significant support towards Chartership, and you will be rewarded with a bonus of up to £5k on completion.
What makes this role unique?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfill your ambitions as well as the shared one.