Senior Connected Car Engineer
Location: Surrey, UK
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual experienced in Software Engineering and Vehicle Telematics in the Automotive industry looking for their next exciting career move within a world-leading company. You will work on revolutionary and ground-breaking projects in the field of Connected Cars, Cyber Security and Telematics and contribute to the future of the Automotive sector.
The client is not only a household name but one of the most renowned and highly respected companies in the automotive industry to date. You will play a major part their future planning and programs while having a wealth of further progression opportunities for your career as you become an expert in your field.
- Project and supplier management of Telematic Control Unit hardware and software
- Integration of eSIM connectivity to the TCU
- Ownership of eCall function throughout development cycle, including system and vehicle-level certification.
- Ownership of Stolen Vehicle Tracking function throughout development cycle, including system and vehicle-level Thatcham approval.
- Supporting Cyber Security compliance activities including Pen testing and Threat assessments.
What are they looking for?
- Experience of vehicle development processes and delivery with an OEM or Tier 1 vendor
- In-depth understanding of vehicle telematic systems and protocols
- Knowledge and understanding of telecommunication systems and architectures from SIM through to RAN and Core networks
- Experience project managing and certifying eCall, ERA-Glonass and Thatcham-approved Stolen Vehicle Tracking systems
- Knowledge of Systems integration for the purposes of SIM and Service activation and lifecycle management
- Understanding of Cyber Security concepts and principles
- Knowledge and experience of creating technical specifications in IBM DOORS for systems and features on vehicle architectures, comprising networks and protocols including CAN, ODX, SOME/IP, HTTPS and MQTT.
- Knowledge of Agile, Waterfall and V-Model methodologies
Bachelor or Master's degree (2.1 or higher) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Systems Design or other related subject.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not able to get back to everyone who applies. Therefore if you have not heard back from Jefferson Wells within 7 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful however we will contact you if suitable roles come up that match your skill set.