Our priorities are to:
1. Be the recruitment 'partner of choice' for departments, agencies and non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs) by increasing our capacity and reach, delivering against demand and providing excellent value for money.
2. Make GRS a great place to work by developing a leadership culture that builds and supports our people’s expertise and capacity.
3. Deliver an outstanding offer to our customers through innovation, continuous improvement and service enhancements.
4. Improve our systems, processes and supply chains, and exploit our vast datasets to add value and enable our delivery teams to excel.
5. Use research and evidence to strengthen recruitment practice and products, and to improve diversity outcomes.
The Corporate Services team are a newly set up team following a period of significant growth in GRS. The team provides support services across GRS to ensure we operate effectively as a business.
The Corporate Services team are responsible for:
• Business Management
- Business Support
- Business Change and Communications
- HR, Learning and Engagement
- QA, Guidance and Information Management
- Security, Compliance & Risk
• Finance & Corporate Planning
- Strategy and Planning
- Charging and Financial Management
- Hosting, Estates, Accommodation and IT
• Commercial & Supply Chain Management
- Commercial Strategy
- Business Case Development and Procurement
- Supplier Engagement and Contract Monitoring
Key Responsibilities/Tasks of the Senior Contract Manager
The job holder will be expected to be involved in a wide variety of activities, but day to day will be accountable for:
• Applying the Contract Management Standards and NAO Emerging Best Practice, providing colleagues and stakeholders with tailored commercial advice and taking advantage of Open Book Contract Management.
• Overseeing the management of a portfolio of GRS contracts, ensuring they remain within scope and contract value, and any commercial actions are undertaken in line with agreed strategy and best practice.
• Using commercial knowledge and assessment of contract data to ensure value for money within current and proposed contracts.
• Acting as an escalation point for complex contract issues.
• Leading the proactive management of each supplier to ensure high standards of quality and performance are maintained against set KPIs and initiate corrective action where needed.
• Chairing service and performance review meetings with each supplier.
• Championing continuous improvement within the lifespan of each contract in line with GRS commercial strategy to drive value for money and efficiency.
• Undertaking all required activity to implement new contract arrangements and transition to new suppliers whenever appropriate to a ensure a smooth set-up/migration with no adverse impact on service standards and performance.
• Building capability in the team by coaching and sharing learning from industry best practice for supplier and commercial management.
• Ensuring accurate MI is captured and reported for each contract.
• Working with a range of GRS colleagues to maintain effective systems for sharing appropriate MI across the business.
As well as:
• Supporting the Head of Corporate Services, and wider GRS Corporate Services Team, on any appropriate tasks.
• Proactively contributing to ensure the continued professionalism of the GRS Corporate Services Team.
• Building relationships and working effectively with all GRS, CSHR, Cabinet Office and external stakeholders and suppliers.
• Providing practical advice to stakeholders on relevant contract, supplier or commercial matters.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services (G6), the successful candidate will also have line management responsibility for a small team of Contract Managers (HEO).
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated person who is open to new ideas and willing to learn as well as bringing their own ideas and experience to the table.
A strong candidate is likely to have:
• Extensive experience of contract management, including contract changes and addressing changing priorities, ideally gained in an HR and/or recruitment environment.
• Proven track record of managing and improving supplier performance.
• Experience of writing business cases and securing appropriate approval to spend.
• Working knowledge of at least one of the following :
- commercial and procurement
- change management
- programme and project management skills
• Strong organisational skills with a proven ability and resilience to working under pressure, changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• The confidence and ability to make difficult decisions, outlining the options, benefits, costs, and risks.
• An appetite to challenge the status quo and recommend new and better ways of doing things to achieve great commercial outcomes.
• Planning skills, with the ability to prioritise and work quickly, accurately and independently and work to your own initiative.
• Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills using your interpersonal skills and abilities to build strong, collaborative working relationships with people and suppliers at all levels.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Contract Management Professional Standards (Practitioner Level)