Buying a home is a life-changing decision. You’ll explore our customers’ lives, their mortgage needs and eligibility before introducing them to our Mortgage Advisor. Combining a friendly, can-do, focused approach to customer service with strict compliance, you’ll do everything you can to help customers go forward with confidence. In return, we’ll help you to build your best career within Barclays, with the flexibility to work in a dynamic way that suits your life.
What will you be doing?
• You’ll meet individual customer needs and achieve allocated goals
• You’ll ensure that customers receive an exceptional service by addressing customer solutions and transactional processing requirements
• You’ll achieve overall Shared Services goals by identifying complex and non-standard customer requirements and opportunities, and referring these to appropriate colleagues
• You will build relationships across the local community to ensure that Barclays is sensitive to the community’s needs and recognised as an active contributor to it
• You will use your own initiative to monitor your performance and develop the knowledge and skills that you need to be the best you can be
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in a customer-facing role, with genuine interest in the customer and evidence of exceeding customer expectations
• The right attitude, personality, potential and skills to provide excellent service and case ownership
• The initiative to resolve customer queries and complaints, using pre-defined escalation points where necessary
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of dealing with complex customer queries and complaints
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of operating in a customer-facing or telephony role where service is paramount
• Proven ability to meet performance standards
Where will you be working?
Our Wavertree Park site has recently been renovated into a modern contact centre, offering a warm and friendly environment. You will have access to our on-site staff canteen. Our Wavertree Park train station is within walking distance from the site and there are bus links into the Technology Park.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.