As a Senior Customer Service Advisor you will take ownership of exceptional customer service and strengthen customer relationships by supporting the investigation of complex and emotive customer queries, concerns and complaints. Working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays Group, you’ll be responsible for delivering great customer outcomes to create advocates of Barclays.
What will you be doing?
• Interacting with customers / clients on their terms, actively listening and being genuinely curious, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
• Take ownership of customer complaints and queries from external stakeholders
• Interacting with other areas of Advocacy to discuss any queries we have about progression of department complaints
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in financial regulated and non-regulated products including investments, pension investments, trusts and structured credit agreements is imperative
• Attention to detail along with strong planning and organisational skills
• Experience in delivering exceptional customer/client interactions with the ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively while exercising tact and sensitivity
• Excellent analytical skills in order to break down complex issues to fully understand the cause, impact and solution
Skills that will help you in the role:
• A relevant professional qualification – preferably G60, or FPC , or certificate for Financial Advisors (CEFA)
• Excellent communication skills over the phone and in person
• Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Work, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Complaints handling experience
Where will you be working?
Tay House is nestled in a fantastic central city location. Our modern Glasgow Contact Centre is directly next to the M8 and a short walk from Central Station and Charing Cross train station. Tay House offers a communal coffee pod, but if you fancy nipping out we are right next to two of the main shopping streets in the city centre.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants