Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer to join a Process Systems Team within the Oil & Gas sector, that provide state-of-the-art flow control products, systems and services to companies around the world.
- Evaluate customer inquiries and specifications in support of the proposal team to determine the best Electrical / Instrument requirements for the application. Includes determining the required scope of work to be provided and developing the best strategy to win the technical proposal.
- Specify and design E&I equipment to match specifications or clearly define differences (clarifications or exceptions list) to customers.
- Develop "deliverables" for cost estimating, design engineering, and drafting.
- Creation of all E&I feed/project deliverables in accordance with the businesses and Client requirements.
- Prepare Oil and Gas Electrical design basis and specifications/datasheets for all Electrical Equipment in compliance with client requirement and international codes and standards.
- Review / comment on complex PFDs and P&IDs and Perform Instrument and Electrical Equipment sizing calculations.
- Attend client clarification and kick off meetings as required.
- Participate in client HAZOP or lead internal HAZOP.
- Produce Installation, Operating (Start-up and Shut-down) & Maintenance Instruction manuals, including lists for Consumables, Special Tools, Lubricants, and Utilities.
- Develop equipment data sheets with E&I data.
- Prepare Electrical Single Line Diagrams
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and perform on-site start-up and/or troubleshooting.
- Approve and follow engineering project schedule, coordinate design work with the global resource as applicable, input to man-hour estimates and utilize MOC process.
- Knowledge share in the development of others and Produce training materials and run training sessions
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree (BEng or BSc) OR a Master Degree (MEng or MSc) Electrical, Electronic Engineering, Control Systems
- 10+ years' experience in the Design and Selection of Electrical and Instrumentation Equipment within the Oil & Gas industry (or potentially the Power Industry).
- Experience in electrical power and grounding systems, HV/MV/LV switchgear, motors, Generators, VFDs, transformers.
- In-depth knowledge of national and international codes (IEEE, IEC, NEMA) and standards for oil field process equipment design, field installation and start-up procedures.
- To be highly competent in electrical and instrument design and specification.
- Familiar with the specification and installation practices of hazardous area equipment in accordance with international certification standards such as IECEx, ATEX and UL.
- Experience in the specification instrumentation and package PLC systems would be advantageous.
For immediate consideration for this role, please apply within.