Role: Senior Finance Analyst – Premier Inn F&B
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire. We are currently working remotely and will support flexible working long term, although we would recommend that you live commutable distance from our Support Centre in Dunstable.
Employment Type: Permanent
Internal Grade: A15
Salary Range: From £35,000-£37,000 depending on skills and experience plus excellent benefits including annual bonus scheme of up to 10%.
Our fast-paced and dynamic Finance team are recruiting for a brand-new Finance Analyst role to support our Premier Inn activity. Building strong working relationships with stakeholders in Operations, as well as our New Openings Team and Head of Estate Developments, you will support our sites to drive forward their Food & Beverage (F&B) activity. As a part-qualified or newly qualified Accountant, you will derive meaningful insight from high volumes of data and provide comprehensive understanding of new trends, demands and opportunities within our Hotel Divisions and Regions as well as reporting on month-end.
What you will be doing:
- Focusing on our Everyday Efficiency Strategy, you’ll use insight to inform our Operations Directors and Regional Operations Managers on their performance against various targets including F&B waste reduction, F&B WINCard metrics and F&B margin performance
- You’ll own month-end reporting as well as the budgeting and forecasting across several key controllable metrics
- You’ll be trusted to provide clear and accurate reporting, insight and challenge – advising your stakeholders on their performance and delivering conclusive recommendations underpinned by robust analyse
- Business partnering will be a key element of this role, with focus on areas including Airport sites, Hub hotels and our Ireland sites
Why we’d love you to apply:
- As an already part-qualified or newly-qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA), or final stages of qualification, you’ll be driven to continue your career within a fast-paced and innovative finance team, study support will be provided for anyone still studying and carrying out exams.
- With existing experience as a Commercial/Finance Analyst within a large and complex business, you’ll be looking to apply these skills to a larger role that will see your business partnering key areas of our organisation
- Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail, you will be an advanced Excel user and adept at getting to grips with new finance systems and processes
- Passionate about what you do, you’ll be confident to back-yourself and provide robust rationale for your business proposals. Challenging ways of working to ensure the best outcome is achieved and directly influencing results
- We’re proud of our highly collaborative culture and are looking for a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills – able to communicate financial concepts effectively to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
In return, we will offer you:
- A Market competitive salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Up to 10% bonus
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work
As a leading British business of more than 275 years standing, we have experienced turbulent times before and adapted and evolved to remain one of the hospitality sector’s most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we were prepared for the future, whatever it may hold.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub. And in Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. At Whitbread, we remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do. We’d love you to join us on the journey!