Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Highways
We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Amey Consulting's Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
The office is progressive and looking to grow, we have a wealth of experience and knowledge which will be actively shared with our Civil Engineers. The Account specialises in Highways, Rivers, Geotechnical and Structural design. However, it's not all work, we have an enthusiastic social team to arrange out of hours' activities. We also give our staff one day off per year to support local charities / community event and we support flexible working.
We make our towns and cities better places to live by improving connectivity, journey times and quality of life.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer. Lead or fulfil a managing role within a ground engineering design team to ensure:
- Technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting (particularly CD622), ensuring compliance with all British Standards and Eurocode 7;
- Delivery of geotechnical projects to programme, within budget and to the quality required; and
- Guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development and training is actively pursued.
Being an experienced Senior Civil Engineer at Amey Consulting, you'll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it's further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
- Undertake a wide range of geotechnical design work, fully compliant with Eurocode 7
- Scope, plan and manage effective ground investigations to facilitate all project design requirements
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Represent the ground engineering team on multi-disciplinary project teams
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, management and reporting of project resources and finances
- Review and approve feasibility studies, outline designs and detailed designs, factual and interpretive reports, geotechnical appraisals and other technical documents as required
- Produce and review geotechnical certification documents in accordance with CD622
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Supervise team members including engineers, senior technicians and assistant/graduate engineers
We want to hear from you if:
- BSc/BEng, MEng/MSc in Civil Engineering or a Geotechnical/Geological Science
- Chartered Engineer (CEng/CGeol or equivalent) + 2 years post-chartership experience
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and geotechnical design software
- Previous experience on highways schemes
- Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management
- Broad experience in ground investigation and geotechnical design
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.