We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
Think big, create better
Amey Consulting's Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
Our teams work on both major design projects and local network improvements and undertake services on national to local frameworks; including those with Highways England Area 10,13 and 14 accounts to Wales and Borders - Amey Keolis and the Midlands Highways Alliance (MHA).
We make our towns and cities better places to live by improving connectivity, journey times and quality of life.
Due to an increased workload from frameworks such as the Midlands Highways Alliance, we are recruiting a Senior Highway Design Engineer to specialise in 3D Modelling. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Highways design team, providing effective support and assistance to the Principle Engineers and Team Leaders on a variety of highways schemes in collaboration with Amey design hubs across the UK. Current projects include 3D Modelling work on the £45m A66 Northern Transpennine contract.
We seek a motivated Highways Senior Engineer with demonstrable experience in the design of Highway Improvements to both DMRB and Local Road Standards. You are likely to be familiar with one or more highway design packages such as Civils3d or OpenRoads and other associated software.
Our Birmingham Highways Consulting team work on projects in the Midlands, and for our hubs across the UK. Because of this we would be open to our Senior Highway Design Engineer working on a remote basis.
Being an experienced Senior Highways Design Engineer at Amey Consulting, you'll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it's further training to broaden your skills, developing innovative design solutions, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
- You have (or are close to achieving) Chartered or Incorporated status held with an appropriate professional body
- Have an appreciation of technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
- You can demonstrate developing experience and expertise within the relevant technical field
- You can produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements, working under supervision
- You are experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- You can demonstrate an understanding of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don't believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other's perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.