About the job
It’s an incredibly exciting and diverse international organisation to partner and offers real career development for those looking to business partner in a dynamic environment.
The HR team you will be part of:
We are a growing HR function that is innovative and developing new approaches to how we support our customers.
You would be part of the HR Business Partner team and we also have support from our expert service teams: Employee Experience; Leadership, Learning and Talent; and Strategy Insights and Services.
As a Senior HR Business Partner you will partner senior officials principally at Director-General (SCS 3), joining their Senior Leadership Team, as well as being a member of the HR Senior Leadership Team and leading a team of HR Business Partners.
Location - National but with a requirement to be in London 2 days a week - salary is dependent on location
Your position will be pivotal in building the Department’s capability, both in the UK and overseas attracting top talent and executing an ambitious departmental People Strategy. You will bring a strong experience from Business Partnering to:
- DITs end to end workforce strategy and planning – from organisation design, to strategic workforce planning, building capability and capacity, and developing and drawing upon data insight to inform ongoing organisation development.
- Work as part of the HR Senior Leadership Team on the continuing development of the foundations of DIT’s HR services and get the basics right.
- Supporting DIT as an international enterprise with a model of HM Trade Commissioners and Regional Trade Plans.
- Nurturing the culture and climate of the organisation.
There are (depending on covid-19 context) opportunities for travel across DIT’s global network of locations to develop your International HR expertise.
ResponsibilitiesYou will partner a Director General at a strategic level on all things people related. You will lead a HR Business Partner team to provide organisational HR support across the Group. With your team you will support One DIT by providing the organisation and its senior leaders with support to maximise their people resources, whether that be planning the future size and shape of the workforce, to helping build capability and ensuring our employees are able to perform at their best, and contribute to the overall objectives of the department.
As a member of the HR Senior Leadership Team, you will contribute to the development of the HR function bringing business insight into the development and implementation of HR programmes and products.
You will line manage and develop a team of around 5 HR Business Partners.
- Experience of partnering senior members of an organisation
- Experience of working with teams going through significant change
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension