Senior Incident Handler
TransUnion UK provides the data, analytics and software that enable businesses to build more valuable customer relationships.
We specialise in managing consumer data for businesses across every sector. We focus on developing innovative products and services that help businesses make smarter and more informed decisions throughout the customer lifecycle.
We’re TransUnion and we believe in Information for Good
About the Role:
This role is a member of the larger Threat Detection Services team, which includes security analysts and incident handlers who work alongside teams responsible for red teaming, intelligence analysis, and technical threat researchers. The individual filling this role will join our Special Projects team and act as a senior leader within the organization helping to drive detection and response maturity, enable proactive monitoring strategies and participate in a wide range of larger incident response program activities.
We are a geographically diverse team, with offices and personnel around the globe, making this a remote work position for the right candidate. To support these requirements in addition to the technical skills listed below ideal candidates will also have prior remote work experience and possess necessary soft skills to support their success.
- Experience working in advanced forensic incident response teams.
- Analysis, ownership of investigations through remediation.
- Monitoring of infrastructure-related security events across organization within a 24x7 support teams.
- Work events escalated by Security Operations Center or high severity user reported events.
- Provide prolonged, in-depth analysis of potential intrusions or security events, leveraging various data artifacts to determine the context of an event.
- Hands on security alerts creation and maintenance, workload automation.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive Network/Security/Incident Response experience.
- Advanced Operating System and Network knowledge.
- Experience identifying, investigating, and responding to complex attacks
- Experience with investigative technologies such as SIEM, packet capture analysis, host forensics and memory analysis tools
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Any Security related certification(s)
What’s in it for you?
At TransUnion you will be joining a friendly, forward thinking global business.
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes 26 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays) a generous contributory pension scheme, private health care and a host of other employee lifestyle benefits.
We take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously; our TU Good Works scheme supports communities around the world by advancing financial inclusion and education.
Remote Interview & Hiring Process
Protecting the health and wellness of our colleagues and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. Our recruitment and on-boarding experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and on-boarding experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
You may have experience of the following: IT Major Incident Analyst, IT Security Incident Manager, Incident & Problem Analyst, Cyber Incident Response Analyst, Incident Management Analyst, Cyber Security Incident Advisor, CISM, CISA, CISSP, IT Security Analyst, IT Security Lead, etc.