Gatwick, GB, RH6 0PA
Business area: Nestlé UK & Ireland
Location: Gatwick Head Office
Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience + Car allowance + Potential Bonus + Excellent Benefits
We’re currently recruiting for a Senior Innovation Manager to join our Food & Dairy business based at our Gatwick Head office, reporting into the Business Transformation Lead. This is a brand new role within the team and really is one of our most exciting opportunities across our marketing function. This role will see you lead a number of strategic food transformation projects for the UK&I Market whilst working closely with EMENA stakeholders to create a world class NPD pipeline. It will focus on projects outside of our existing portfolio to extend our category footprint, with a specific focus on accelerating our presence within the Plant Based food category. This role is critical in supporting our ambition to double the size of our overall business over the next 3 years by identifying new opportunities to grow.
Our ambition across the Food division is to accelerate the Nestle journey of transformation through a healthier, sustainable by design portfolio, that connects consumer and customer needs digitally first. Within the UK our role has always been to drive profitable growth and within our core categories addressing key trends such as nutrition, health and wellness, relevance through eBusiness and authentic Foods. Across our food portfolio we have some fantastic brand such as MAGGI which is the largest food brand in the world, and our purpose is to “Help people cook the fresh food they love and believe in, everyday”.
You’ll lead and create the innovation strategy and lead key projects for the UK&I Food business by turning insight into products and services that consumers love. You’ll do this by:
- Working in collaboration with our R&D, Commercial and Factory teams to develop compelling NPD propositions based on consumer led insight, understanding the latest food trends across the market. Turning ideas into reality that our consumers will love!
- Playing a key role across multi-market project groups, representing the UK&I Market to deliver the very best NPD pipeline that supports our ambitious growth plans.
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities that fit our strategic priorities. You will need to be able to flex your creative skills and lead a team to create a winning strategy and plan.
- Understanding up and coming businesses in the Food category that we may identify as suitable opportunities for partnership and investment, building detailed business cases for discussions.
- Facilitating a partnership with the Central Swiss and EMNA teams to identify opportunities to ‘lift and shift’ innovation at scale that leverages best practices.
- Commercialising concepts to support customers and Nestlé growth ambitions.
- Playing a lead role in building capability across our commercial team to launch innovation successfully and at pace.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the upstream innovation strategy and proof of concept, working with a wide range of cross-functional project teams.
We are looking for an experienced innovation marketing professional with a great academic background, qualified to Degree level. Essentially, you’ll have proven marketing experience ideally within a top ten FMCG companies and have extensive experience in consumer innovation and brand marketing roles with a product/service innovation bias. You’ll have already demonstrated your ability to lead innovation projects successfully and have some fantastic innovation launches under your belt. It goes without saying that having great project management and analytical skills coupled with your highly organised, conscientious approach is essential as is the need to be comfortable working with ambiguity. Being able to balance long term strategic planning with the need to focus on short term operational opportunities is imperative.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, competitive car allowance, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
This is a full time permanent opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
The closing date for this role is Thursday 30th July, 2020.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?