Role: Senior Internal Communications Manager
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire
Employment Type: Full time, Contract - Day rate
We have an exciting opportunity for a contract Senior Internal Communications Manager based at our Support Centre in Dunstable. You will report into the Head of Internal Communications within the HR function, helping to deliver a new internal communications agenda from launching new channels and engaging our teams with compelling content.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. We have exciting plans to deliver our strategy that innovates and grows our core UK and international business, always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
What you will be doing:
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders at all levels including our Executive Committee
- Provide spot-on communications best practice and acting as a credible advisor for both strategic and tactical delivery.
- Shaping and delivering a high impact face-to-face leadership engagement event, supported by high quality content and cascade materials.
- Building and sustaining a vibrant online leadership community, including the production of podcasts
- Working in partnership with Finance and Investor Relations to provide simple, straight-forward and engaging performance updates, including written communications, infographics and face to face events.
- Supporting the development and launch of Whitbread’s new SharePoint Intranet site, generating company-wide awareness, buy-in and interaction.
- Enhancing and utilising social media channels including Facebook and Yammer
- Playing a key role in the creation, production and readership of a new quarterly digital magazine
- Connecting with colleagues across the business to seek out and develop relevant and timely news, stories and information bringing to life our core narrative and consistent tone of voice in a simple, creative and impactful way.
- Providing change communication support, working alongside senior leaders and subject matter experts to produce plans and supporting materials to inform and engage relevant audiences
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience within internal communication either working in a large business or agency
- Brilliant knowledge of internal communications processes, methods, systems and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels with engaging stakeholder management
- High quality written and verbal skills which you can tailor for different audiences, with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding strategic and planning abilities, with the ability to change priorities and timelines quickly and easily
- Robust organisational and project management skills, with the ability to design and manage events
- Familiar with MS Office packages (including SharePoint, Yammer and Teams), creating surveys, analysing feedback and distilling insights
- Have a good sense of what makes compelling news, information and stories, with the ability to break down complicated and corporate speak into simple, interesting and engaging communications, brought to life with a heavy dose of creativity.