Are you seeking a Senior IT Networks and Telecoms Engineer role based in the North-West?
We are looking for someone to provide 3rd line technical support for the resolution of complex customer support issues, including major incidents. The role will be mainly focused Cisco technologies including routing and switching firewalls and Fortinet firewalls.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of supporting large corporate sized networks and telephony systems.
At present the role is home based but will be NorthWest focused, and post-Covid will be at our Liverpool office.
- Act as the third line support for all technical related incidents and ensure they are resolved
- Design and implement customer network solutions
- Understand customer requirements and articulate solutions to Senior Management and technical teams
- Produce technical documentation and standards recommendations
- Take ownership of escalations from the Service Desk and provide appropriate line support for incidents
- Liaise and work closely with clients to ensure technical solutions are implemented and are fit for purpose
- Mentor and instruct other functions within the IT Family on the systems in place
- Bring new technologies forward from complex to a day to day maintenance activities
- Develop junior engineers and improve overall technical capabilities of IT
- Demonstrate the Amey Values
- Work independently and with third parties/partners, acting as Amey Senior Engineer
- Provide out of hours support to customers for major issues
- Design, Review and approve/challenge complex service solutions that impact the Amey Network
- Ability to act as point of contact for major faults.
- Translate technical jargon into simple language for customers and senior management
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability
- Excellent logical problem solver
- Shows commitment to and upholds Amey values
- CCNA, CCNP or CCVP level or demonstrate relevant expertise
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation
- Experience with Cisco technologies, strong knowledge of other vendors
- Proven experience in SLA driven 3rd line support role
- Experience in the following; F5, Checkpoint, Fortinet
- Strong knowledge of Routing, Switching and VoIP technologies.
- Experience of providing and supporting call centre technologies, UCCX/UCCE preferred.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Experience in delivering projects (network/Cisco preferred)
- Experience with ITIL (desirable)
- Proven ability to mentor and instruct others
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.