About the job
This is enabled through the leadership of the transition of new and changed services in and out of to the live environment and the supervision and management of the IT supply chain to ensure services are delivered in accordance with Service Levels aligned to user expectations.
In order to achieve this, Enterprise Services must take a through life approach to IT service and continually look to develop and build a team of professional and experienced IT Service Management practitioners who are suitably skilled to support a complex and varied IT estate that is evolving through the delivery of the NCA transformation Programme.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior IT Security Officer based in our central London site.
This role is responsible for ensuring the security of the NCA’s wide-ranging network and telecommunications systems to the highest security levels. The successful candidate will:
• Provide advice and maintain up to date knowledge in network, application and communication security solutions, and emerging technologies for security enterprise architectures and infrastructures.
• Ensure the security of NCA’s network and telecommunications systems including the completion of network and telecommunications security audits, vulnerability assessments, and protective monitoring analysis
• Provide formal technical security analysis and review of new architecture and application designs
• Act as a point of contact within the NCA IT Security Department to provide advice and assurance on current and emerging ICT security issues; represent the organisation at meetings, seminars and conferences.
• Provide support, guidance and advice to the Security Incident Team regarding the identification and investigation of security breaches relating to ICT systems.
• Degree in Information Technology or Telecommunication related subject.
• Recognised or relevant ICT Security or Information Security qualification e.g. BSc, MSc, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CLAS, GIAC, ISO 27001 etc.
• CCP Senior Accreditor or SIRA or demonstrable experience in a similar discipline.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- In-depth knowledge of network, application and communications security solutions. Protective Monitoring including IDS/IPS.
- Experience in Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Security, Patch Management, Gateway Security, Encryption etc.
- Experience of utilising IT security standards within public or private sector.
- Awareness of cloud based security measures to protect systems, data and networks.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).