Senior Key Worker
Progressive Mindz have a fantastic opportunity for Specialist Key Workers and Team Leaders. We are looking for experienced workers who are passionate and have a genuine interest in supporting children and young people.
This is an exciting time for Progressive Mindz; we are appointing full and part time workers for our new five-bed Wellbeing Service in Greenwich to provide specialist support for young people with a variety of complex needs.
Senior Key Worker Responsibilities:
• Commitment and the ability to coproducing services for young people with complex support needs.
• Deputise for the manager, take ownership of service delivery and line management of support staff.
• Provide specialist key work support for 2-3 young people within a multidisciplinary team and by adopting a multi-agency approach in partnership with Social Workers, CAMHS and specialist agencies.
• Support young people in their transition to adulthood.
• Proactively safeguard young people as outlined in the safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Proficient in the use of IT applications, with the ability to develop regular update reports, support plans and risk management plans.
• Work in the service, mainly alone, with the ability to work as a team.
• Deputise for the service manager in all operational aspects of service delivery.
• Support the manager in developing a high performing team to meet the responsive needs of young people.
• Effectively communicate, building and managing relationships with partner agencies including commissioners.
Senior Key Worker Requirements:
• Have an NVQ level 3 qualification / equivalent.
• Have the resilience to cope with challenging behaviour.
• Be a positive role model, be able to motivate young people and encourage their independence.
• Experience of working within a Children’s Home, Semi-independent Living services, Supported Housing, Homelessness, Mental Health Services or Advocacy Settings.
• Good understanding of issues facing young people with complex needs.
• Experience of providing key work support for those with complex needs such as CSE, substance abuse, mental Health, gang affiliation etc.
• Experience of designing and delivering workshops to vulnerable people
• Be able to use Microsoft Applications such as word to prepare case management reports and outlook for emails.
• Enhanced Disclosure and barring Service Check, ideally on the update service.
• Ability to work as part of a rolling rota and undertake shifts; early, late and weekends.
About Progressive Mindz:
The mission of Progressive Mindz is to provide safe, stable accommodation with 24 hours of onsite support for vulnerable children and young people between the ages of 16 to 25.
Progressive Mindz specialises in providing therapeutic support to children and young people with complex needs within a homely environment, enabling them to express their characters, feel safe and enrich their lives.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community
Location: Greenwich, London
Hours: Full Time & Part Time positions available, Permanent
Salary: £20,182 to £26,000 per annum pro rata
Benefits: 3% Pension contribution - 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata) - Access to Paid Training & Professional Development Programme - Ongoing support and development; annual appraisals and monthly supervisions - Career Progression
You may have experience of the following: Senior Key Worker, Support Worker, Care Worker, Youth Worker, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Community Support Worker, Disability, Disabilities,Key Worker, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Not for Profit, NFP, Third Sector, Advocacy, Service Team Leader, Case Worker, Senior Support Worker, Senior Care Worker, Senior Case Worker, etc.
Senior Key Worker