Role: Senior Location & Strategy Analyst (Germany)
Function: Location Strategy
Location: Frankfurt, Germany– flexible and remote working available
Employment Type: Permanent, Full – Time
Following our huge success in the UK, our number one hotel chain Premier Inn is rapidly expanding into Germany, with 20 sites set to open by the end of 2020.We have a great opportunity to join us as Senior Location Strategy & Planning Analyst to join our German team at Whitbread.
This role is key in supporting the expansion plan, you will be responsible for the creation and delivery of the location strategy in Germany. Based in Germany you will be the expert within the German hotel market while being part of a team based in the UK.
As a leading British business of more than 275 years standing, we have experienced turbulent times before and adapted and evolved to remain one of the hospitality sector’s most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we were prepared for the future, whatever it may hold.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub. And in Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. At Whitbread, we remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do.
What you will be doing:
- You will be the go-to and business expert in supply and demand trends within the Germany market with the hotel space, be one step ahead on locations and trends to support our Germany expansion model
- Take ownership of Germany report preparation and lead indicator reporting by market mapping, analysing supply and demand trends as well as competitor landscape.
- You will develop and maintain the Germany location strategy that will realise the growth potential for each of our brands, this includes lead location plan reviews with the acquisition teams
- Support in modelling the Germany Strategic plans, this includes overall model evolution and development of our growth potential models as well as updating and improving our current models with evolving data resources
- We aim to stay one step ahead therefore you will own and deliver competitor benchmarking for our hotel business, including delivering weekly reporting, engaging with third part suppliers
- Delivery insight that drives both tactical and operational actions by analysing Premier Inns performance against competitors as well as emerging trends and concepts
- Play a key part in projects and new concept development by proving analytical reports
Why we’d love you to apply:
- You will have advance Excel skillset and knowledge
- Great experience of working with large and complex Excel models
- Commercially aware, you are always keen to know the latest market trends as well as supply & demand within the hotel space in Germany
- Brilliant stakeholder engagement with good impact and influencing skills
- Able to make decisions based on analytical insight and data
- Happy to work in a matrix organisation as your Line Manager is based in the UK