Senior Management Accountant
We’re born and bred in Glasgow. Our business was founded on the Clyde back in 1864, and we’re still here today. We are proud to roast exceptional coffee for thousands of cafés and hospitality businesses across the UK & Ireland.
Our workforce has grown to over 250 to support our expanding customer base, product range and service offering. We count some of the industry’s leading talents among our staff, from green coffee buyers and roasting technicians, to barista trainers and field engineers.
Do you want to join our team of top talent in an exciting and industry-leading organisation? Read on!
Position: Senior Management Accountant
Location: Glasgow, with Home Working
Job Type: Full time, Fixed Term Contract, 1 year
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Benefits: 28+4 days annual leave, staff discounts and more!
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced accountant to join our Finance Team on a 1-year Fixed Term basis to provide support and analysis to the business from a finance perspective to several non-finance teams. This will support decision making within the company, contributing to the definition of financial targets and supporting delivery of results. The role holder will work alongside the Commercial Finance Manager including people management, hand-on processes and procedures and contributing to business decisions by providing financial insight.
As part of this team you would be required to:
- Lead the process of timely and accurate monthly management accounts
- Lead and co-ordinate Budget submission
- Provide analysis to support all commercial decision making
- Lead & report on cost control within the organisation, including product costing
- Be a Business Partner to senior management team
- Be responsible for team management & development
- Lead and implement continuous improvement
- CIMA / ACCA / ICAS Qualifies
- Post qualification experience in management accounting role
- Full cycle management accounts ability
- Overseeing a team
- Desirable: Cost accounting knowledge
- Desirable: Experience in a similar role within a food / manufacturing / retail / FMCG industry
Skills & Knowledge
- Business Partnering Skills
- People Management Skills
- First class presentation / communication skills
- Can use initiative to drive daily tasks and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel and Word
- Expertise in accounts preparation and budgeting, preferably gained in a manufacturing environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow direction and work within agreed parameters
- Intermediate / advanced Excel skills
- Process Improvement experience
- Desirable: Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, systems implementation experience
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the highest standards
- A strong work ethic
If this sounds like you, then you could be the right fit for us! Please click APPLY, upload your CV and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
Thanks, from the Team @ Matthew Algie
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Our selection for recruitment does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation or gender reassignment status (protected characteristics).
You may have experience as: Senior Management Accountant, Management Accountant, Senior, Accountant, Financial Analyst, Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Commercial Accountant, ACCA, Financial Accountant, CIMA, Qualified Accountant, ACA, etc.