About the job
The Chief Data Office (CDO) is based within Digital Data & Technology (DDaT). We are responsible for managing the NCA corporate record and information holdings, whilst ensuring the NCA can confidently identify, discharge and comply with its legal information management responsibilities. We develop strategy and set standards in gathering, storing, processing, analysing and disseminating information. We manage information access requests from the public and third party disclosure requests from other prosecuting authorities in respect of on-going enquiries/operations. We are also responsible for co-ordinating the NCA response to major statutory and public inquiries.
As such the successful candidate will work in partnership as part of a wider senior management team; will be jointly responsible for team development and performance, manage associated risk and staff management issues; and drive forward engagement between the NCA Chief Data Office and the wider organisation including all operational and intelligence teams.
• Working in partnership to deliver a consistent approach to meeting statutory and wider mandatory demands in respect of data and information management
• Team leadership and management including associated risk and staff welfare management
• Driving innovation to assist in wider culture change in respect of data and information management compliance
• Managing and monitoring performance
As a leader in the NCA you will also:
• Lead your team or work stream effectively, through being flexible and open in thought and action.
• Communicate with transparency, involving your team members in the agency’s transformation journey.
• Role model the agency’s ‘One NCA’ vision.
• Be passionate about diversity and developing people inclusively, strengthening their ability to deliver and enabling them to grow in their roles and careers. You will actively coach and engage people, building their resilience through supporting them in their roles and enabling their wellbeing.
• Be threat led and data-driven in decision making, navigating your team members through ambiguity by making evidence and/or values-based decisions to prioritise strategically. You are proactive and ambitious on efficiencies, finding opportunities to remove duplication and standardising and simplifying where possible. Doing so, you will balance financial and people resources to deliver against changing priorities.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Proven experience in data and information management
- Proven experience in team and performance leadership
- Proven experience in delivering change
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).