We are currently seeking a creative, passionate, and collaborative Senior MI Business Partner to join our Scheme & Affinities Central team based in Gloucester. This role would suit an individual who is an advanced SQL user with a proven track record of pipeline management.
You will have adept knowledge of ETL and data ingestion processes, being able to take raw data and transform this into something else. You will be able to facilitate a full integration of key MI data in SAS, capturing BI risk to deliver accurate and timely MI for business performance monitoring.
As the business goes through an exciting growth period, there will be many opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects and progress in this role.
Location: Based in the centre of town, close to bus routes and Gloucester Train Station is just a 10-minute walk away.
As a company, PIB is a successful growing group of businesses across different elements of the insurance sector. The Group is growing rapidly both through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. For context, as a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America.
This is an exciting time to join the PIB Group. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees.
- You will be working with IT and the wider business, evangelising effective data management practices, and promoting better understanding of data and analytics, planning, and delivering optimal analytics and data science solutions,
- You will manage priorities and new MI requests as well as the priorities of the MI analysts,
- You will drive automation through effective metadata management, being responsible for using innovative and modern tools, techniques, and architectures to automate the most common, repeatable data preparation and integration tasks,
- You will be the key resource to data modelling and design, developing and maintaining the business level enterprise models, investigation new data initiatives and how to address them,
- You will be responsible to proposing appropriate, innovative data ingestion, preparation, integration, and operationalisation techniques, addressing these data requirements,
- You will have a solid background in computer science, being very knowledgeable around big data tooling and technology,
- Your technology background will involve an advanced level of SQL coupled with data warehousing, being fully proficient in SQL server, code-based work, SQL server language,
- You will have solid experience of pipeline management along with knowledge of ETL and data ingestion processes,
- You will be at an advanced level in using MS Excel, being comfortable creating pivot tables, macros, charts, and graphs and manipulating and reconciling data,
- You will be passionate around delivery of results and service
- You will have previous experience working within insurance (desirable but not essential),
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to break down complex MI clearly and concisely
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.