Senior NGS Scientist
Oxford Gene Technology (OGT) provides world-class genetics research solutions to leading clinical and academic research institutions. With customers in over 60 countries worldwide and ambitious expansion plans, OGT has a strong reputation and increasing share in the large and growing genomic medicine market.
Position: Senior NGS Scientist
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum
Benefits: Competitive salary, Pension - 10% non-contributory, Private Health Insurance, Private Dental Insurance, Group Income Protections, Group Life Assurance, 25 days holiday + UK public holidays, Flexi-time Scheme, High Street Discount Scheme
Closing date: 23 October 2020
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen in our Oxford based Research & Development team for a Senior NGS Scientist. Reporting to the Head of Research, you will play an integral role in all aspects of new product development including laboratory preparation, sequencing, bioinformatics, and data interpretation. You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of our NGS capabilities and portfolio.
This role is suited to someone who wants to lead lab-based research and innovative development work whilst working in a commercial environment.
• Playing a lead role in the introduction of new products, technologies and methodologies which either increase existing efficiencies or expand the product portfolio
• Setting and delivering a variety of molecular biology projects against technical milestones and in compliance with Project Development Framework.
• Planning and conducting lab-based experimental work in accordance with project timelines.
• Assessment, review and reporting of data from own work and that of others.
• Interpreting findings, drawing conclusions and providing recommendations whilst identifying challenges and proposing improvements.
• Maintaining integrity of sequencing data, including troubleshooting, problem identification, resolution, and communication.
• Attending R&D meetings, reporting on work progress and presenting findings.
• Ensuring a smooth flow of information between R&D and other departments.
• Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments to proactively disseminate and apply any new information which may benefit the Company.
• Producing all required documents for relevant technical transfers.
• Be qualified to a minimum of MSc, up to a PhD, or equivalent in Life Sciences with relevant demonstrable molecular biology laboratory experience
• Have specialist knowledge of next generation sequencing, including design and development of NGS assays and up to date knowledge of molecular diagnostic tests for constitutional diseases and/or oncology.
• Demonstrate hands-on experience of targeted NGS assay workflow execution (DNA to sequencer) and operation of different sequencing technologies
• Be skilled in the interpretation of NGS data and troubleshooting of molecular biology, sequencing and data analysis issues.
A proven track record of executing a variety of NGS projects in support of product development activities in a commercial environment is an advantage for this role.
No agencies please.
You may have experience of the following: NGS Scientist, Senior Researcher, Senior Research Scientist, Senior NGS Development Scientist, MSc, PhD, NGS Assay Development, NGS Product Development, NGS Molecular Diagnostic testing, etc.
£40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Senior NGS Scientist