About the job
The team exist to deliver operational impact through the use of technology. This ranges from the development and deployment of capabilities covered under the Investigatory Powers Act, through to systems to analyse and exploit data at pace.
NCA welcomes applications from individuals with a range of neurodivergent thinking styles and from those who may require reasonable adjustments.
• Provide tactical support during critical incidents and crimes in progress using technical solutions
• Design, oversee and/or manage the delivery of technical capabilities. Working with a small technical team.
• Support and create bespoke technical solutions to NCA/NCCU operations and investigations, including real-time support in time-critical situations.
• Look to continuously improve cyber investigation capabilities in order to keep pace with the new and developing threats.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to other law enforcement partners.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Good knowledge in working with Linux environment
- Knowledge of cyber techniques (e.g. ethical hacking, reverse engineering, malware analysis ) and/or internet technologies (e.g. Cloud technologies, AWS)
- Good problem solving skills, e.g. troubleshooting network/hardware/software problems.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).