About the job
• Support the NCA recruitment process, assessing the aptitude / capability of applicants for the intelligence accredited pathways to ensure recruitment of the right people.
• Manage and develop new trainees on the Initial Operational Training Programme (IOTP), professionally assessing trainees knowledge and application of skills to point of their completion of the Intelligence Professionalisation Programme (IPP).
• Drive up operational standards across the NCA commands by reviewing intelligence processes, recommending and implementing improvement changes that achieve compliance to policy, standards and legislation as well as building capability across the NCA.
• Working with key stakeholders (College of Policing, Police Forces, Crown Prosecution Service, NCA Commands, NCA Legal) to ensure new legislation, standard operational procedures and best practice is introduced to NCA operational commands.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
• IPP Intelligence Accreditation or an equivalent Government issued qualification/accreditation.
Please ensure the dates of any accreditations you are relying on, are entered on to the CV.
Should you progress to the assessment stage of the process, you will be required to provide a copy of the original certificate.
Failure to provide evidence at interview may result in your application not progressing to the next stage.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Proven experience of developing others.
- Current extensive knowledge of UK legislation affecting the role of an investigator/intelligence officer.
- Current/proven experience in Serious and Organised Crime investigations.
- Proven experience in managing risk in an Investigation or Intelligence environment.
- Experience of dealing with conflict within a team to prevent failure of a task.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).