Senior Project Manager
At Whitbread we are going through a period of growth with big plans for Premier Inn to expand to the German hotel market. We have several key programmes and projects which focus around acquisitions, renovations and organic growth of the European arm of our business.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. We have exciting plans to deliver our strategy that innovates and grows our core UK and international business, always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, to budget, and meeting all quality targets.
- Establish the project plan baseline, defining project scope and securing the necessary resources and plans for each phase.
- Mobilise a broad group of stakeholders and key parties to develop combined solutions that meet the business needs
- Manage the creation of and engagement with new policies and processes as well as system capabilities to deliver desired outcomes
- Manage risks, issues and dependencies. Identifying and removing roadblocks.
- Drive project execution and managing the change control process, conflicts and escalations.
- Monitor the project budget and managing finances by ensuring accurate forecasts and financial system monitoring.
- Ensure business and system releases delivered by the project are simple and easy to use.
- Engage stakeholders and ensuring on-going project alignment with business strategy and stringent governance processes.
- Manage 3rd party suppliers. Investigating, resolving and escalating problems. Monitoring supplier performance.
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience managing multiple IT projects, including budgets over £1m.
- Experience of working within the German Market
- Stakeholder management experience (internal and external)
- Experience of Supplier Management
- Hospitality Experience & being fluent in German are beneficial
- Good grounding in traditional Project Management governance practices.
- Experience with Waterfall & Kanban Agile methodologies
- Ideally have experience within a hospitality or retail environment.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills; able to inspire and influence teams and senior execs alike.
- Advanced to expert level leadership and general management skills, including conflict resolution capabilities and outstanding negotiation skills.
In return we will offer:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Car or car allowance option
- Sharesave scheme
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant / canteen
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday