About TRU West Alliance
Work with Amey on the UK's most exciting rail project
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about career growth within people and culture. You will be pioneering new techniques to set industry leading standards across the business helping us to achieve performance excellence by enabling a people focussed environment.
Purpose of this role
Accountable to the head of people and process for Amey Rail. This is an exciting role for any senior professional to really sink their teeth into and have autonomy to make positive changes across the people and process space.
- Creating sustainable success via a high-performance culture that adopts best practice and delivers successfully in the Alliance.
- People related process, implementing Change and Business Improvement.
- Providing leadership within the people team and wider matrix organisation.
- Creating sustainable success via a high-performance People & Process (People and Operational) that adopts best practice, operations to go smoothly, on time and delivers to quality within the Alliance partnership. Contributing to and leading on delivery against People and Operational strategy.
- People and Operational related process establishment and re-engineering, implementing Change and Business Improvement.
- Coaching and Leading P&P Projects of a suitable scale or subsections of larger projects or within Programmes.
- Providing leadership within the people team and wider matrix organisation, advising and facilitating where needed
- Review any resourcing requirements and take action to ensure meeting requirements
- Regularly review, org. skills, requirements and performance of the team, taking action to ensure that this is meeting requirements.
What are we looking for
- Experience in the delivery of successful outcomes within transformation, improvement or projects
- Experience in process establishment and improvements in people, project or operational areas
- Head office support function, Client side or operational PMO experience
- Highly organised and ability to deal with change and complexity
- Self-starter with a learning mindset, able to adapt to and prioritise a varying workload
- Skilled at stakeholder management and motivating/collaborating in a matrix structure
- Management and employee lifecycle experience
- Project/Change/Process qualification
- Experience of delivering Social Value and ED&I initiatives
- Experience of resourcing