Are you seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor opportunity in East Shropshire? Do you have extensive knowledge of NEC Contract Management?
Here at Amey we have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor who can bring either utilities or civil engineering experience to join our Utilities business unit and support the QS team in order to accurately value the works undertaken by the operational teams and, where necessary, gather and provide records to substantiate cost and lead projects under the guidance of the principle QS.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary (to £60,000) and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
- Financial monitoring and reporting of projects assigned
- Defining and establishing suitable construction contracts with clients to suit procurement needs
- Preparation of financial statements in respect to projects assigned
- Ensuring proper administration of the Contract requirements
- Assist with completion of account
- Gather and collate records of all work done
- Undertake payment authorisation of subcontractors
- Ensure prompt submission of invoices and applications for payment
- To assist in the Business Development process in producing information for PQQs and Tenders in relation to the project deliverable to the client and the project deliverable requirement to the business
- Develop the team though training and mentoring
- Be responsible for junior quantity surveying staff in respect of: timekeeping technical training requirements development resourcing performance reviews
- Contribute to the formulation of the monthly financial reports, both internal management accounts and external applications for payment
- Extensive knowledge of NEC contract management
- Experience in either utilities or civil engineering
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in the preparation of the interim and final accounts
- Experience in target cost contract or similar
- Experience with construction contracts
- Experience in people-management