Role: Senior Sales & Business Support Manager
Function: Sales & Distribution
The role is a leadership of multiple teams of sales professionals and intended as the platform role into the Head of Dales and Distribution. The goal of this role is to maximise the effectiveness of our digital teams to find, retain, nurture and actively grow revenue from our customers. The role carries responsibility for revenue of approximately £200million, with a growth target of c. 10% per annum. The primary responsibility of the role is to lead the management of Premier Inn’s direct relationships with its key corporate clients. This encompasses both the acquisition of new accounts, but also the servicing and management of existing accounts.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. We have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute for the last 10 years.
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle East (with a committed pipeline of over 20,000 more). We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we always keep our customers at the heart of what we do. There has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Build a high-performing sales led function with a focus on excellence and continue improvement by setting and monitoring stretching KPIs.
- Hands-on Leader/coach spending 50% of their time to support and develop a team with the potential to grow.
- Work with marketing to develop strategies and identify opportunities to drive B2B demand
- Identify new leads as prospective accounts
- Build attraction strategies to convert leads into accounts and effectively on-board new accounts
- Complete negotiation of complicated annual or multi-year contracts, with values ranging from c. £50k to in excess of £10m per annum
- Build retention strategies to ensure a high rate of account renewals
- Oversee the servicing and management of accounts to ensure high levels of customer service
- Work with sales operations and change to develop and continuously improve robust sales processes to plan & track the adoption of a consistent sales methodology
- Be an expert in Sales Automation and implementation and adoption of Microsoft Dynamics and other technology tools to better enable the team
- Work closely with Sales Operations team to develop a best in class sales function with an objective to simplify all processes and increase efficiency
- Drive Premier Inn group bookings and oversee the migration of a highly manual process today to a more automated, data-driven approach in the future
- Be a fluid communicator and work in a matrix to join together sales, marketing and sales operations team to jointly deliver a coherent vision for Premier Inn business sales
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Focused on customers, finding ways to meet and exceed expectations
- Ability to coach team members to achieve the best outcomes.
- Builds productive relationships with team and colleagues, both internally and externally. Able to identify and manage the best resources to effectively deliver.
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of customer segmentation, delivering to agreed SLAs and monitoring cost of servicing a customer.
- Superior persuasive, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Financially astute to ensure all costs are well controlled
- Shares knowledge and delegates tasks to ensure focus is given to the top priority areas
- Analytical to spot trends in both agent KPI performance and outcomes, overall business generated and retained business behaviour
- Understands sales analysis software and use of report
- Ability to build genuine rapport and trust to win support at all levels.
- Excellent ability to build internal relationships across Premier Inn teams, to engage multi function resources around key tasks.
- Displays leadership qualities:, ambassador of change’ creates vision; sets direction for people and builds winning teams
- Communicates the vision in a way that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Car allowance
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work