About the job
The Targeted Intercept Engineering team sit within Service Strategy & Development in Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT).
Service Strategy & Development’s manages the :
• Overall coordination of the agency’s investment strategy and roadmap for capability development and skills growth.
• Deployment of hi-end capabilities in support of live operations, providing NCA with capabilities for 21st century law enforcement.
Service Strategy & Development leads on specifying, designing, developing, delivering and supporting new technical capabilities (operational, business, back office and corporate) across the agency.
• Be responsible for scoping, design, implementation and maintenance of technical Intelligence applications.
• Manage software solutions to enable staff to gather and analyse complex, sensitive data.
• Interact daily with the engineering service support, development and infrastructure teams.
• Conduct remote site surveys, Health and Safety Management, including Risk Assessment.
• Provide Business Continuity Management assistance with regard to 1st line technical support.
• Assist in the training of systems throughout the UK and overseas as and when required.
ResponsibilitiesTo be successful in this role, you will need a working knowledge of programming languages, internet infrastructure and be an advocate of agile development techniques. You will build upon existing capabilities and create innovative applications for Service, Strategy and Development.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
• Relevant degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics or equivalent relevant experience.
Please ensure the dates of any accreditations you are relying on, are entered on to the CV.
Should you progress to the assessment stage of the process, you will be required to provide a copy of the original certificate.
Failure to provide evidence at interview may result in your application not progressing to the next stage.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Strong Object Oriented programming experience. C#, Python or Java
- Understanding of the full software lifecycle and IP protocols
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A good working understanding of network principles
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).