Senior Support Worker
Are you currently a Support Worker looking to move into a Senior Support Worker position? Are you interested in a career where you will make a real difference to young people’s lives? Do you understand the challenges which young people face in daily life? Maybe a career with Care in Mind is for you…
We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker, or an experienced Support Worker looking to develop into a senior post. You support the Deputy and Residential Manager in supervising a team of staff with the aim to help our young people move into independent living in the future.
You will be based within our Residential Home in Bury working shifts over a 37.5 hour week consisting of earlies, lates and sleep-ins.
- Competitive pay (£10.43 p/h + £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation)
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance 2 x your annual salary
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Induction (Running over 7 days)
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- The opportunity for internal promotions & progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
Your role as a Senior Support Worker
- To carry out direct and indirect care of young people with complex mental health needs
- To work in a team, giving the highest standard of care possible to the young people.
- To work alongside the Deputy and Residential Manager to support with the management of staff and smooth running of the home
- To closely follow individual care plans and support young people with education, shopping, and social and leisure activities.
- To carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people
- To promote independence amongst the young people
- To provide support, advice and information to the young people, parents and other carers
- To carry out further duties as per our attached document (Writing reports, general office admin, etc)
Requirements of a Senior Support Worker
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent within Care
- Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including sleep ins/weekends/Bank Holidays
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
- IT Literate (Able to write emails and use Microsoft Office)
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
- An understanding of safeguarding
- Professional working boundaries between staff and service users
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
- Full UK Driving License
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please submit your application by Tuesday 8th December 2020.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
Please note that interviews will be held over Microsoft Teams as a video interview.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Senior Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Community Support Worker, Disability, Disabilities, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Not for Profit, NFP, Third Sector, etc.
Senior Support Worker