We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work, and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
Amey Consulting's Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
As a multi-disciplined consultant, we have a diverse portfolio of confirmed works and are currently working on several high-profile schemes in Wales including the £1.9billion, 25 years, Wales & Borders rail network, and South Wales Metro projects. Mumbles Coastal Protection Scheme in Swansea, WelTag Assessments, and Active Travel Schemes.
We make our towns and cities better places to live by improving connectivity, journey times, and quality of life.
What is the purpose of this role?
Due to an increased workload, we are looking to recruit an Assistant Engineer. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Highways design team, providing effective support and assistance on a variety of highways schemes.
As an Assistant Engineer at Amey Consulting, you'll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You'll have the opportunity to thrive and we'll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills, or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
What will this role involve?
- Implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions
- Preparing and assisting with drawing production
- Quality Assurance responsibilities
- Dealing with project-related correspondence
- Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineer
- Maintaining a strong focused client relationship
Assisting Engineers with:
- Inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating,
- Contract preparation
- Preparation of technical documentation and reports
- Project administration
- Compliance with the relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM regulations
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Good IT Skills
- Experience of AutoCAD
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills - both written and oral
- Developing good practice in Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Client-focused approach to service delivery
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, and childcare vouchers
What makes this role unique?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfill your ambition as well as the shared one.